lmao

1 Like

l canā€™t find the real specs of theses vescā€™s

what does DRV do?

It performs the functions of a few chips in one neat and small package

3 Likes

Some discussion here

1 Like

based on what i know, regulates voltage and acts as a gate driver to open and close the mosfets

2 Likes

Can I somehow charge a phone from pins on the Stormcore or should I get buck converter and do it from the battery?

ā€œCanā€ and ā€œshouldā€ are two different questions. I would get a buck converter.

7 Likes

Swd arenā€™t I?

Edit: so it appears 5.3 has started bricking my stormcores. Iā€™ve used this same program Iā€™m pretty positive to flash 5.3.

Getting my first VESC - Stormcore tomorrow and what do I have to avoid to not brick it? :joy: 60d+ new.

Just donā€™t go to 5.3. Most folks donā€™t recommend it. Iā€™ve had use cases where I needed it for function.

This video is from a 4wd setup. Canbus cable and the other stormcore were disconnected

1 Like

Which program did you use out of curiosity?

Vesctool 3.01 on Mac

1 Like

@Arch

LaCroix official stance is to update to 5.3 or else you run the very high risk of your stormcore getting stuck in a half-on/half-off state.

1 Like

Iā€™m currently 3/5 escs that Iā€™ve flashed to 5.3 being ok ish. The 2 last night were unfortunate

1 Like

The 100dx has phase filters right?
Can it handle 190kv at 18s?

I wonā€™t actually be going that fast on a loaded vanguard with 6354s but itā€™s good to know.

Yes, but your motors will be extremely loud. @poastoast is running that setup rn

1 Like

Good to know. Loud because of the rpm right?
If so that wonā€™t be an issue since Iā€™ll fall off prior to hearing it.

3 Likes

Just donā€™t free spin the motors too much :joy:.

Set your duty cycle limit lower

Fwiw running high voltage in high kv without a crazy gear ratio to compensate for it wonā€™t give you much of any performance difference. If you were running something like 4:1 on 105s thatā€™s where it helps

2 Likes

Howā€™s 2.78 on 105s sound :wink:
Not exactly going for performance here.