LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

Not anything the average user is going to notice, but maybe we get more information from lacroix soon lol. Maybe. Main dif is the Dx has no DRV chip

1 Like

any chance you know if these will be the actual spec?

no more Lacroix controller capable of 20S?

Those are specs they use for their boards. Iā€™m assuming for warranty purposes vs giving folks the maximum off the bat. So thereā€™s some space for errors I guess

2 Likes

I was told the DX is safe for 18s but was also told that about the 100D+ however there are now a few people running the ladder at 20s soooo not sure about the Dx actual limits

2 Likes

just what they use on their boards. a nazzare lonestar I had in was using these exact settings.

1 Like

me full sending max motor at 150A with 100A battery, at 84V:

Blows Up GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

13 Likes

This wasnā€™t ever really the caseā€¦

2 Likes

I ordered a 100D on backorder a while back and saw this. I shot them an email and the i dfferences are better heat mamagement, more reliable and drvless is what they told me.

1 Like

i need to try this

especially cause i have 2x as many chances that someone is gonna connect to me :joy:

might have to do that tomorrow

1 Like

x is drvless

1 Like

Did it have a DRV before? I thought 100v DRV donā€™t exist

The 60D uses two 60v DRV8323RS, and the 100D uses two 100v DRV8353RS chips. Both are a much newer generation of DRV chips with some additional features and a smaller package compared to the DRVs that come in the V4/V6.

3 Likes

they told me when I got my 100D+'s I could run them at 20S if I didnā€™t run crazy amps

2 Likes

And with that voiding any warranty etc. Imo thats not a green light. Thatā€™s the same as saying you ā€canā€ run 13S in a 60V esc.

1 Like

I am about to buy the Stormcore 60 in a couple days, waiting for LacroixEurope to restock them. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s gonna be the 60D+. Anything wrong with that one, compared to the new one?

1 Like

you right you right

2 Likes

The 60d+ is the newest 12s Stormcore. 100D+/x are for higher voltages

1 Like

Yeah but 60Dx is also on the way right?

1 Like

Im gonna sound stupid as hell, but what is the benefit of DRVless, Ive heard the term thrown around but am not sure what it entails

2 Likes

While the DRV8301 is a very robust, rock solid chipset (used in HW 6 designs), the higher voltage DRV8353 turned out to be not a very reliable chip for high power ESCs. In consequence it makes sense to build those higher voltage ESCs without the DRV8353 and rather use individual gate drivers. Unfortunately this design approach is more expensive. The other thing is built in protection. The DRVs typically come with some nice protection mechanisms which help to protect the system in certain scenarios. However, if the chip itself is not very reliable in general, those mechanisms give you no advantage really. The other thing to consider at the moment is chip availability. The DRV8353 and 8323 were out of stock for a very long time now. Also DRV8301 is hard to purchase right now.

9 Likes