LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

Thanks buddy. Do you mean this guy?

2 Likes

Yes. It is the official app made by the dev behind the firmware on VESCā„¢ and Vesc compatible ESCā€™s

2 Likes

Or the freesk8 app.

2 Likes

Stormcore has Bluetooth built inā€¦

5 Likes

Has someone tried to solder UART cables to the Bluetooth module of the stormcore 100d, just like shown here?

@RyEnd ?

Iā€™m very tempted of going into the freesk8 ecosystem, this year but Iā€™m afraid that 1 UART port itā€™s not enough for that!

2 Likes

Robogotchi and uSplit work great together now. Just a thought.

3 Likes

Yeah man Iā€™ve heard about that but I use a vx2 as a remote and I really enjoy telemetry in my hands. The only other option available itā€™s the OSSR with ppm control and usplit with robogotchi and telemetry for the remote. But sadly the OSSR itā€™s very expensive (and I didnā€™t manage to win one in the great dick off :rofl:) so that option itā€™s out of the picture for a good while.

Btw, the price of it itā€™s perfectly logical as in everything, you have to pay for quality, and development.

2 Likes

So I think I killed my Stormcore 60D+ and Iā€™m not sure how. My first ride with it was about 10 miles over hilly SF terrain. Performance was fine except on the first hill, which had a few random drop outs mid-climb. I thought okayā€¦weird maybe some temperature cutouts. During the second ride I stepped on the board and rolled 10 feet hitting a small bump in the road. The Stormcore powered down and couldnā€™t be turned back on. I removed the unit from my board and a few strange things are happening:

• No signs of physical damage to the circuit board
  • Two phase wires on the same motor side are shorting to ground
  • 3.3V is shorting to ground on the UART pins
  • Stormcore will not power on or connect to USB. Pressing the power button draws 0.6A

Here are some details on my build / settings:
2X 6374 190KV TBā€™s | Motor Max 80A | Motor Min -65A | Batt Max 100A (12C 10Ah) | Batt Regen (-5A) | Batt Cutoffs (start 40.80V end 37.20V) | Control type: FOC | motor detection successful on both motors | ERPM 60k

The only thing connected to the Stormcore itself is an Arduino NRF (powered through the 3.3V rail) which iā€™ve verified is working with no issues.

I reached out to stormcore Support but they werenā€™t super helpful. They are not sure and asked if I wanted an invoice to ship the unit back to Stormcore at my expense so they can test it. Iā€™m reluctant to sink another $150 into shipping and repair if this is a major fix.

Any ideas? Iā€™m back to running my 4.12 VESCS in BLDC but the FOC was so nice while it lasted :frowning:

If you donā€™t want to ship back, could start with some pictures of your connections to the unit. If your not in warranty, remove the covers and maybe look for scoring on the pcb. Maybe someone can point out something from those pictures and point you toward a repair path.

3 Likes

image|375x500

image|375x500

Is this part popped at all or is there a hole in it?

Any idea why these 2 resistors look darker?

Could just be adhesive.

Yeah it looked Like conformal or something to me

I was thinking that since the 3.3V line comes from the STM MCU, it is possible that the whole MCU is friedā€¦or something failed that caused it to blow. Not sure about the amber color on the resistors - I might have to strip the conformal and measure them to see if they are bad.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t really work for me on ios, most of the time I get no connection.
Thank Jan for my Davega or else Iā€™d never know my battery level.

Whatā€™s the latest word on drawing current from a Stormcore 5V line? Specifically, the RGB Switch PH-5 header.

Iā€™d like to ā€œborrowā€ up to 3mA from the PH-5 5V line if possible. I would probably use the CAN PH-4 GND or E-STOP PH-2 GND for the return current. Unless one of the PH-5 BTN pins are GND?

I did a search but only came up with references to early versions not liking 5V being taken from the CAN port.

3 Likes

Curious if this seems like an issue that others have seen from the early 100dā€™s. This a day 1 stormcore 100d that I finally have gotten around to using.

In a 4wd build. Only has 4 miles or so on it. This ride was maybe 3 minutes long and pulled 6.2 battery amps per side.

Iā€™m not even sure who to tag anymore. It did not replicate on the bench after a reset.

8 Likes

:eyes: ?

6 Likes

New stormcore who dis

5 Likes

I wonder what the diff between the 100D+ and 100Dx is