LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

Have yet to tweak any settings since the last ride. I wonder if this is a firmware issue, would downgrading/upgrading to the beta 5.3 help? Hmmm

1 Like

I run fw5.1 on my daily rider and our motor/battery amp settings are nearly identical. (Just adding info)

I thought it was just my Flipsky 6.6. I believe it has something to do with smart reverse because when I use any other mode, it doesnā€™t have the issue.

3 Likes

You beautiful bastard. It definitely popped up after I turned on smart reverse. Thanks @jack.luis you JERK

4 Likes

Thereā€™s and RPM setting for smart reverse, the speed at which is can be enabled maybe, adjusting that could better/worsen the issue?

1 Like

Agreed. Iā€™d avoid switching directions at high speed. But I have SR enabled on all of my boards no issues. Including the 20s.

Also, get in the habit of never full braking, especially at low speed.

2 Likes

Not sure this would help because it seems to happen really randomly (at least in my case).

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure this isnā€™t desired behavior. Iā€™m gonna go hunting for a solution.

2 Likes

Yes please

I had that brake issue on my Evo, but I havenā€™t noticed it anymore.

It happens to me on my 60D. I thought it was the smart reverse and it only happens at the end of slowing down.

3 Likes

Is this happening on slippery surfaces? I had that happen since smart reverse was introduced, not on a Stormcore
What happens is that due to it being slippery one of the wheels drops bellow the erpm for smart reverse to engage, in the instants smart reverse takes to ramp up you end up with no brakes

There was some more work on low speed braking done by Ben last week. Iā€™d try the latest build.

7 Likes

Appreciated!!

1 Like

Whatā€™s a good way to program the stormcore while inside the enclosure? Should I try to create a wired setup so I can access it later?

I saw some of you folks use wireless apps. Any recommendations? I have both iOS and android devices luckily.

metr or robogotchi

1 Like

So the past few rides I recorded on the app, iā€™ve had an issue. When trying to open the ride info, the app crashes (just closes). I canā€™t get to the info at all.

Tried different phones, uninstall/reinstall etc.

Thanks for the advice but seems like the answer to everything on the forum is to buy more toys hahahaha. Iā€™d like to not buy new things for now. Already overspent :).

2 Likes

metr + desktop computer, unless you are tuning HFI then a wired connection is much faster.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure why everyone is suggesting random add-onsā€¦
It has integrated Bluetooth. Just use vesctool app

4 Likes