These boards use the APEX stormcore/unity case

4 Likes

The last of the Version 1 ones IIRC

4 Likes

What mounting pattern does that use?

2 Likes

Old school skate pattern, has accommodations for spring truck adjusters

2 Likes

Love how they keep trying to hinder apex and yet apex continues to adapt everything to be compatible with trampa products

5 Likes

I was more interested in knowing what mounting it had for the stormcore :sweat_smile:
Might want one for my future LsSS 4wd

3 Likes

We want to make stuff compatible with as much other stuff as we can, this is better for the end users and better for the environment. Vendor locking serves nobody except the company doing the locking, it’s not good for the community at all. Sure we have a healthy rivalry with another company, but activly designing to make their stuff not compatible isn’t great for the end users.

The case has the 4 mounting holes for the stormcore and comes with the bolts to mount the ESC into the enclosure, would be a great option for your build.

13 Likes

Greetings folks. I recently upgraded from a unity running 5.2 fw to a 60D, and noticed that sometimes when I hard brake, the board cuts out for a split second when it’s rolling at like 1km/h. Fortunately it’s close to stopping speed so it’s not lethal, but it threw me off the first time, and I did hard accel and brake during my tests to try to replicate it.

Here’s my board specs
12s5p P42A bypass discharge,
Stormcore 60D
Turnigy SK3 192kv
16/60 gear ratio
155mm metroboard tyres

Board settings

Motor max 110A
Motor brake -110A
Batt max 150A (75A each side)
Regen -15

Also, I noticed that in order to get similar feel to my unity, I had to increase to 110A motor max, whereas on the unity I was on 100A.

Anyone had a similar issue with the low speed cut off when hard braking?

3 Likes

Are there any faults?

What is your fault timeout set to? Try lowering that to 85ms.

1 Like

Nope, no faults, I’ll set the fault timeout and see if it still happens.

1 Like

:flushed: that’s much brake powah

8 Likes

@Arch
I just saw the video on your youtube channel talking about the stormcore app for android, were is the apk available for download?

1 Like

You are mistaken, stormcore app is iOS only.

1 Like

On the minute 14:20 they talk about the stormcore app and after that they are talk about android I must have misunderstood, my bad… :sweat_smile:

I personally use vesctool and Freesk8

2 Likes

I also have the freesk8, but I really want to try the stormcore app

1 Like

It’s a very basic UI
If you’re already using Freesk8, I’d say you’re good and should stay with it :joy:

1 Like

But. But. But. Wasn’t android version gonna be released some time in 2021?

1 Like

Okay thanks for the info… :rofl:

Freesk8 app works alright with Stormcore, but you can’t log anything with the stock ble. Doesn’t the stormcore app have ride logging?