LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

Stormcore Android app? Still WIP, but u can use vesctool app instead, it also works.

I would recommend the vesctool app since u r supporting vedder for future development

2 Likes

Yeah you just have to deal with it finding every single device around you too :sweat_smile:

Can’t wait for the dedicated app to come to android.

5 Likes

Vesctool app works fine, but its basically just the vesc tool on mobile. Better ride logs/integrated features would be nice. Metr is still the best solution I’ve found feature wise but kinda makes the internal BLE useless.

Haven’t heard any recent mention of Android on Stormcore.

1 Like

Yea that sucks big time, but that’s also the only way to find everything. We need a renaming device method real bad

2 Likes

That is my favorite feature

2 Likes

is the stormcore ios app also working for other escs?
or is it just for the stormcore?
KR and thx

This is patched next release :slight_smile: among other exciting changes

9 Likes

Finally!!!

@Deodand since we don’t really see you often here. how’s life doing? Still happy at lacroix?

4 Likes

HOLD UP

YOU FIXED THE BLUETOOTH DEVICE HELL ??? When I rename my esc it just goes back to whatever other name

Yup yup, I moved to Sweden and am working on an electric airplane with Vedder for my day job now though.

30 Likes

oooooh, nice!

Dude thats amazing! Can we follow the project somewhere?

4 Likes

:robot::robot::robot:

2 Likes

Hi guys, I have a 100d stormcore installed on my 11X zero escooter. I modified the original engines by installing the hall sensors.
Can I write here for help with configuration?
Thank you all !

Just make sure you got a 5V and G set up right, the Hall cables don’t care whatorder they’re putnin, don’t mess up the Temp cable
if you open up the 100D you can see what goes where iirc

2 Likes

Hey guys, quick question. If the stormcore power button blinks red, what does it mean?

1 Like

Fault detected

2 Likes

Yikes okay. It happened on a friend’s board so i’m not able to take a look at it now, on his Davega it prompts a few off balanced groups. Hopefully nothing catastrophic.

1 Like

Hey all,
What’s the minimum time you need to press the power switch (button) to turn off the Stormcores?

What are the two BTN pins connected to on the circuit board? Ground and ??? or 5V/3.3V and ???

Thanks!

2 Likes

The button pins connect between a large pullup resistor to battery voltage in and a series of high impedance pathways to feed that signal to both the microcontroller and a high side mosfet driver. Pressing the button in pulls that high and flips on a precharge pathway, from there the mcu takes over. For off I think I have it programmed for 1.5 seconds or so but this can be modified in code.

If you want to just turn the unit on you can also simply bypass the switch and feed 5v to the unit. There is also a CAN command to turn it off. If you want to go a path besides a button that is the route I would recommend taking. It was a bit tricky to get the power switch to work well across the range of possible input voltages.

6 Likes