LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

Amazing! Good one guys, excellent feature.

1 Like

I am running 4WD with 100D v2. Normally they do the job perfect but sometimes they act very weird. The vesc’s are connected over CAN. The powerswitch is placed parallel over each stormcore.

1: When I use the vesc tool, only 3 vescs are seen. When I disconnect CAN and I switch connection between each stormcore, I can see 2 vescs on each stormcore with the integraded CAN. Now I set everything up without CAN connected and then connect CAN.

2: I was driving and suddenly the board started to brake slightly while I was using the throttle. When I stopped, the board only went backwards as I pulled the trigger (when it normally has to go forward). Turning the stromcores off and turn back on fixed this.

3: Smart reverse sometimes works and sometimes it doesn’t.

4: While doing the “Set motor FOC” wizard (Integrated CAN), each time one vesc’s shows that the motor is sensorless. When I do each vesc separately, each sensor is detected.

Have any of you experienced these things?

5 Likes

No. 1 is a bug in FW 5.2. 5.1 and 5.3 don’t act that way.

No. 2 might be a bug with your remote’s receiver. I have heard of this happening to someone before I think, but before stormcore was even a thing.

No clue on 3 and 4.

2 Likes

Try Hyst Reverse or Current

What remote are you using?

1 Like

I would like to make a heatsink. can anyone confirm these dimensions I took are good.

They look slightly off

2 Likes

This happens for me with 60D+ each time. One motor detects as sensorless and also the other detected parameters are little bit off. Running motor detection twice fixes it.

The body is certainly 126mm. But I don’t think the outer holes are actually at this spacing.
They look more like 125 / 125.5mm.
Which is probably enough of an error to give me issues as I was hoping to tap these holes.

Thanks for the drawing, that’s helped me confirm the rest. :crossed_fingers:

That document I linked is a wiki, so if you find errors, yeah, you can edit it.

i have an stl file of a mocc 100D if you’d like

i have the first version on my github iirc, but i made a couple ectra changes

includes holes, ports, the whole lot

1 Like

Got my new eboosted enclosure in. Looks to be about 3cm deep.
From the above schematic the stormcore is 24mm tall so this should be fine right?

2 Likes

ya, should be no problem! :yum:

padding up top just gofor some cussion or whathave you

you got space :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Pretty soon will be the launch of the next VESC tool, the beta is linked here. It should contain fixes for the majority of things you mention. I think it is pretty mature these days if you want to give it a test and see if it solves things for you.

Please report back anything it doesn’t solve. I’ve been more directly involved in the development and should be able to integrate changes reletively quickly before the next release.

18 Likes

Is there anyone around that know’s about repairing stormcores? I messed mine up. My fault. They’re kinda pricey to just throw out, especially if it can be repaired.

2 Likes

Yes but I’m in Sweden so it might get expensive

New setup with a Stormcore 60D+

I should be able to use a Metr + VX2 on this setup correct? Can I use the UART3 for the remote receiver? Currently UART2 works but UART3 doesn’t get any data/signal from the ESC.

1 Like

Firmware 5.3 is what you want to get access to the second uart port

4 Likes

Perfect, gonna give this a try. Thanks :+1:

Shit I’ve been wondering why my remote wasn’t picking up data and figured I’d swapped rx tx… Gonna give this a go before tearing things apart.

If this is your robogotchi board, I don’t think 5.3 support is released yet.

1 Like