LaCroix is... dead ™️

Wow…

5 Likes

I’ve had a feeling that boutique esk8 wasn’t profitable for a while now. I wonder which company will be next. :frowning:

6 Likes

Dang sad for eskate as a whole. Theyve had tons of issues lately but for a long time a great and trustworthy builder. Definitely sad to see another maker exit the space .

5 Likes

Hopefully not hoyt because i can’t live without the puck

16 Likes

Damn shame, have enjoyed the fuck out of my Lonestar :frowning:

6 Likes

This is terrible.

12 Likes

8 Likes

Despite their issues, the brand has been an institution for years. Not that it’s worth much, but it was the LaCroix Prototipo that brought my attention towards performance eskate, and I fawned over it for a long time. Glad I finally got one for myself, and I feel dumb for having wanted to sell it off. Glad I kept it.

This is really sad to see, really really sad. A complete and total bummer.

21 Likes

That is terrible. Right as I was going to buy some hypertrucks too. Damn shame

2 Likes

Oh there are two threads, awkward

2 Likes

Linking the two threads together

6 Likes

Sad to see. Their flagship deck is one of the best esk8 decks ever made.

5 Likes

As much as I like Lacroix, I’m not massively suprised. They’ve spent a lot of money on R&D for the efoil and the ski lift and don’t seem to have sold as much as they expected. Looks like they expanded a bit too quickly and took on a bit too much debt. :man_shrugging:
It’s still a shame to see them go. I never rode one of their boards but I do like the Stormcore.

3 Likes

the other thread is winning.

tho i prefer this title.

2 Likes

Sucks. I was first. I patented the “LaCroix is dead” ™️ thread.

5 Likes

Lacroix lifted me out of boosted land and dropped me in DIY land where i absorbed much knowledge and did not enough DIY. :smiley:

6 Likes

I wonder if Alex can still keep it alive as a parts company. Puck, deck and trucks are great

5 Likes

I mean the puck is from hoyt but yah a lot of people like the deck and hypertrucks

2 Likes

oh yeah, I forgot they used VX1s. duh.

I’m actually surprise Lacroix went before Hoyt.

1 Like

They upgraded to pucks years ago tho I’m pretty sure haha

1 Like