I had feared this was coming — Lacroix Underwater

From Lacroix

“ OFFICIAL STATEMENT - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Today, we have a heartbreaking announcement to make. One we wish we would never have had to write.

Effective immediately, the Lacroix Board Co. is suspending its operations.

The last 12 months have been incredibly challenging and we were never able to climb back on top. Many factors are at play and the 10 consecutive interest rate hikes have created the coup de grâce with our creditors. We tried everything to pull it off - the headwind is simply too strong.

We are in discussion with several companies to keep the Lacroix brand alive. The objective is and always has been to ship every order placed and honor the warranties. However we want to be clear; we don’t know when nor if that will happen. For now, we don’t have any precise timeline for the completion and shipment of the pending orders.

I want to thank Seb, Pedro and the 2 Charles’ that did everything they could with me to try to pull it off. You guys really did the impossible to try to make it work.

We will keep you updated on any material development.

Alex for the Lacroix Board Co.

Lacroix Boards”

Hopefully they can figure something out, but it sounds like it’s not looking good.

6 Likes

Thread with actual context

I can be a mod now :clap:

1 Like

omg

1 Like

Oh canada :cry:

1 Like

It had seemed strange to me that Lacroix, a company that had almost always previously had good reputation and custom support, was failing to respond to emails and wasn’t fulfilling orders. I guess we got our answer of why…

5 Likes

So sad to see a homegrown esk8 company go under. Best wishes for your personal futures gentlemen.

14 Likes

This came out of left field for me but it made sense because i hadn’t seen any new products for some time
I hope the best for them :sob::sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

Yes very, sadly most new customers are going for Chinese brands because western brands just can’t compete on value.

12 Likes

So sad. Debt coming for em

4 Likes

Technically this thread is better for search indexing because the text is text and not an image.

2 Likes

Better keep those Lacroix decks/enclosures/trucks. 2nd hand prices surely about to skyrocket.

2 Likes

What will happen to the availability of Stormcore ESCs?

4 Likes

presumably dry up

3 Likes

Perhaps BKB will stumble across the factory that is currently making them :rofl:

Would be a real shame if someone didn’t start making those stormies under a new name

1 Like

THUNDERCORE

10 Likes

Just call them VESCore and poke the hornets’ nest

7 Likes

Mate even before lacroix went bust stormcores were tough to get hold of. Looks like makerX just got a lot more market share.

4 Likes

Bkb has been on warehouse clear out sale since around the time i made an account here, so idk if theyll be so lucky.

STORMBOX TENKA

11 Likes

Brb I have some domains to acquire.

… for a friend.

8 Likes