I had feared this was coming — Lacroix Underwater

ExtendedStator.com

14 Likes

@Arch anything you can chime in with?

1 Like

Anyone else read the thread title and think “human drove esk8 into the water”?

6 Likes

That value is negated by that fact that its often replaced 3 times as often. Its difficult to see that at entry level though so maybe the journey eventually ends up with more people looking for quality replacements. That was certainly my journey anyway, started with Flipshit and have ended up on Radium :laughing: (among others) these days, id much rather save for another month and just do it right.

Fuck chinese cheap arsed shitty shitting shit

Good luck to everyone involved, very sad to see and hope it all comes together and you all can move forward.

7 Likes

I sometimes think about the opposite.

the value that’s lost in depreciation form getting the high end thing, and not being into it then needing to unload it and als do so at a loss. it gives a cheap entry point a bit more value. and one that us die hards might over look cause we’re like of course you’re gonna love it and you’re gonna replace it. :smiley:

1 Like

MakerX is making quality ESCs and I don’t think they have much competition anymore.

Is it worth trying to save the Stormcore design given the high power MakerX VESCs out there?

3 Likes

Makerx just needs to make their CAN design more robust

2 Likes

Single mcu caca, let it die

9 Likes

Sounds like a cheap, late 80’s action film set in a dystopian future.

3 Likes

Supersingle gang 4 life :rocket: :broom:

I like stormcores but they aren’t worth saving. There isn’t much lacroix could do that makerX can’t do better.

cough GPL compliance cough

8 Likes

Its fine… just connect it after the xt’s.

If @Deodand still is arround, maybe he is the right person to talk about the futur of the stormcore ?
If LaCroix is going down there’s no reason he should refrain to be active here anymore

3 Likes

I had some motors short on 2 builds recently.
I had to get home so I tried…

Stormcore survived
Flux vesc stutters now

Just fyi, it’s not science

1 Like

I rode a km on the weekend with a shorted motor… esc was fine… not sure what your point is?

I wasn’t trying to make a point.

I just only had non-unity based escs go funky on me at this point.

Just wanted to give you some more data.

How do you ride on a shorted motor?
On both occasions I just tried to get going but motor kept stuttering.

Smoke came out of motor at some point. Stomecore didn’t die, flux vesc did. All I can say.

Or is this issue totally not MCU related ? Really no expert

2 Likes

The good motor just kept pushing :rofl: also gravity was involved :grin:

I also had smoke. In my instance, a foreign object got into the motor and shorted it, so nothing to do with the mcu, can’t say for yours…

I was mostly talking out of my ass above. I don’t really see what the pros/cons of a single mcu are. With the unity i kinda got it, especially with the unity fw and focboxUI, it made setup a breeze and simple for consumers… but these days when you have a single mcu emulating 2 single controllers through vesc tool, it’s kinda like what’s the point?

1 Like

Yeah and it’s fucking confusing.

I was able to disconnect the shorted motor from my stormcore but was NOT able to get it to work properly on a single motor even though I tried everything through the app.

This is when the can emulation really becomes confusing, was really wishing for that can cable to be there at that moment

You can combine the two outputs into a single one and get double performance(supersingle)

2 Likes