Lacroix Introduces: The Barrel

I hope Lacroix sends an email to anyone who ordered the board already to let them know that they incorrectly advertise the deck size on page for the barrel. Definitely not 31.5” standing platform.

1 Like

Wait, that’s what the product page measurements are referencing?? Max total length?
What an odd dimension to list. That’s more useful for shipping than just about anything else.

Deck dimensions, tire size, standing height, ground clearance, track width, tip angles… I’m totally nitpicking here, but there’s so many more useful pieces of info

Still, awesome board. I’ve seen a bunch of changes to the website in the last two days, so maybe they’ll get around to fixing. Shipping was originally only $70 - was pretty impressed by that. They also had a bunch of copy and diagrams from other boards at one point. They’ll figure it out. Rough launch.

2 Likes

I don’t think you’re nitpicking at all.

The most basic piece of information every other skateboard manufacturer tells you is how long and wide the deck is.

Lacroix is a top end brand and nobody even knows how long their newly launched deck is.

I am curious if they’ll sell the hypertrucks lite separately.

3 Likes

Yeah they are aware of the problem and fixin it soon. Hasn’t been that long and they are busy actually building and shipping boards in a timely fashion rather than perfect marketing material.

But as an engineer I do also appreciate accurate specs and I agree wheelbase would be a more useful figure for ride quality. Though if I’m trying to find out if I can slam it in the back of my smart car easily I guess that number is nice too. More data pls.

I do wish the outrage culture on this forum would calm down a bit the tone is always so aggressive here.

28 Likes

I’d just like to see vendors accurately describe the goods they sell. They created the confusion and haven’t been responsive to questions around them. Good to hear they are aware and fixing the issue. Also appreciate you helping with sharing the deck tape measurements.

3 Likes

The company is like 4 people with lives children and a business to run. Have you ever taken more than 24 hrs to respond to a work email? Like I understand the annoyance when an esk8 has 10s3p battery and lists 40 mile range, but I try to give people a pass on simple mistakes unless they are doing something intentionally deceptive or shady.

Also I guess technically the numbers on size are more or less correct and the nazare figure is off? Probably something strange happened when they were copying over a new product page.

14 Likes

Never accused them of being deceptive or shady, and I don’t think they are. It’s clearly an honest mistake. Their website just has incorrect information and that’s worth pointing out here so that people are aware before they purchase.

2 Likes

“hey (name), I think the length here may be wrong, can you take a look please?”

9 Likes

LOL the internet folk being unreasonable to incorrect or slow responses, NEVER

JK

5 Likes

I think more of the iPhone SE. It’s like some base level internals in a previous generation housing.

2 Likes

But we didn’t cheap out like Apple to use leftover housing stock :smiley: (just joking)

New deck, enclosure redesigned from scratch, new battery modules and a few other cool stuff that might not show from the outside, but were paramount in making The Barrel what it is

7 Likes

I was just referencing the uncanny similarity to the prototipo. Im not necessarily saying it was done lazily, its just similar.

2 Likes

Apologies for the overall confusion! I made modifications that weren’t applied to the right website version but all of it should be up and fixed.

It’s as Deodand says, the Barrel is indeed slightly shorter overall than the flagship Super Sports, the overall goal is/was to keep the deck size between Barrel and Proto as close as possible.

We’re in the middle of a lot of ongoing projects and shop move so we’re tending to as much as possible with the time we can. Sorry for any delays!

14 Likes

Focus on the 18 comments talking about how neat and interesting of an option this is.

Not the 4 confused about product page text oopsies.

Most of all, keep on keepin on dude. You seem like a genuine guy and I’d buy you a beer.

23 Likes

We actually took all our leftover stock and burned it in a great sacrifice to the electronics gods. Cappppptian Planet!

Good point @Venom121212, a beer will be in order when we eventually meet! I’m all good, just like to encourage empathy on both the customer and vendor side. Healthy Communication will make for better products which is good for everybody.

I’m stoked to see this bad boy in real life. Curious how the deck flex and foot positioning will feel compared to the prototipo.

16 Likes

Hey, can you also let whoever know to disable the autoplay for the promo video on the Barrell page. (doesn’t happen on the other product pages)

I literally cannot make it stop playing unless I let the video time out, and it restarts playing every time I click the video link and press pause, then click out of it lol

3 Likes

I’m looking into it, it’s quite annoying… I’m assuming our web dev worked with the site on mute perhaps. I noticed it while making adjustments. Thanks for the heads up though!

Edit: Trying to figure out how I even triggered it but it isn’t happening anymore. Maybe some weird bug but if you still see it happen @A13XR3 let me know.

7 Likes

Automatically playing music on their website like some kind of yahoo pages shit from 1998. Lord have mercy.

9 Likes

When you open the barrel page from the main boards site it autoplays music

5 Likes

Yeah entering from the main page or the boards page triggers it, doesn’t seem to happen if I open the Barrell web page from an external direct link

2 Likes