Lacroix Introduces: The Barrel

Did anyone else notice the original specs said 100min charge time and now says 4hrs. It’s 12s4p with a 5A charger, so neither feel right? Anyone with more brains than me can tell me likely charge time?

1 Like

I think it’s a mistake, here’s the Nazare and Barrel side by side, both have 8in wheels and Nazare looks longer:

6 Likes

Someone should ping an employee from lacroix to verify if it’s a typo :disguised_face:

1 Like

I’m hoping it’s on the shorter side of decks. Hoping it’s closer to a Prototipo than a Flux.

2 Likes

I think you’re right. There’s another mistake in this page - it says Barrell uses “Dual 6389 - 190kv” motors, while the product page says 6374 motors.

5 Likes

Wouldnt be surprised if stuff is incorrect. The jaws 2.0 had the wrong weight up until just recent, and the estimated range in kilometers was completely off if you convert it from the numbers provided in miles, math didn’t add up. and a few other minor mistakes i forgot about but couldn’t help to notice

3 Likes

Yeah it’s gotta be an error. A big part of their marketing for this board is that it’s supposed to be smaller and more nimble. Wouldn’t make sense for it to be the same size as their flagships.

1 Like

For what it’s worth,

One off the lacroix guys said they had the descriptions all sorted then moments before launch there was some website issue and lots of stuff got rolled back. So I wouldn’t be suppressed if some things in descriptions got mixed or missed as they quickly fixed things.

3 Likes

Your point is a fair one, but the barrel wheels are a little larger at 200mm. The Nazare has 190x50 CSTs and is slightly smaller.

2 Likes

Since lacroix hasn’t responded to my email or facebook comment, I did some powerpoint sleuthing. That thing they have about 31.5" standing platform must be a typo. It looks about 600 mm or 23.6" to me.

These pictures were adjust to have the rockstar II be the same size. You are right, the nazare is clearly a much bigger board.

Lacroix messed up, having bad info on the site for product launch. I wonder if there are even two flex levels for this deck, or if that’s bad info as well.

I was literally on the edge of ordering one yesterday. I’m so glad I didn’t.

EDIT - Lacroix got back to me and confirmed that there is actually only one flex level right now. I also toned down a word in my original post as it was overly aggressive.

11 Likes

Anyone else a little underwhelmed with the hypertruck light trucks? They seem really blocky and not like the OGs at all

nice work, you put way more effort into this than me!

The shorter size is a big upside for me, I can’t fit the 42inch length in the bus baggage compartment

2 Likes

looks intentional, a bit of an industrial look

Eh, looks like they cheaped out on them, maximize profit

2 Likes

Isn’t the entire point of the board to make a cheaper offering

Who would expect them to be as nice as the premium hypertrucks

14 Likes

Frankly I see almost no profit to be made with a $1900 board with cnced trucks. I also think theyre ugly but I dont see it as much of an issue

13 Likes

Well it’s $600 cheaper than it’s predecessor so I think they have intentionally “cheaped out on them” not to “maximize profit” but to lower the price point.

derail sidenote - it hurt a lot for that quote to include the “Z” instead of the correct “S” in maximise :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I totally want these…
but I also don’t have hypertrucks… or seen them in real life

3 Likes

Just FYI the barrel is about 41.5 inches in total from an internal figure I have seen and as you can kinda see in my shoddy pictures here the prototipo is maybe an inch longer at 42.5 inches. The big boy boards are around 46.5 inches total length.

Having both size boards I just love them both. The prototipo is so much nicer to jet to the store on or a short ride to a friends but for a long fast bike trail ride around the lake the longer wheelbase is much more comfortable. I am quite tall (6’4”) so the wider stance makes a big difference accelerating and decelerating. But the fiancé gets most of the use out of the prototipo these days as she can barely turn the nazare.

17 Likes

What’s the length of that big toe buster

6 Likes