Lacroix Introduces: The Barrel

Didn’t see any other threads on this - looks like a great deal, can’t see why anyone would get a Hadean or Hurricane over this.

https://lacroixboards.com/products/Barrell™

Thoughts? Personally I’m excited to hear about the performance of these new Hypertrucks.

15 Likes

This is their self-proclaimed successor to the Prototipo. From the product page:

“How does it compare to the Proto you ask? Well it’s 12s not 10s (i.e. it’s faster), has much better trucks (hello 7075AL CNC), a faster charger, better water-ingress resistance, a curvier deck under the feet, and a badass spaceman as a wingman on all your wild shenanigans. All in all, we improved it in every way we could.”

2 Likes

love to see it. more quality on the street.

4 Likes

It amuses me that the URL has two 'L’s in barrel and that the ‘tm’ is in there also

12 Likes

Seems like the Jaws is a bit out of place. I wonder if they’ll reduce the price or give it some upgrades. $1k more for bigger motors and trucks doesn’t seem right.

11 Likes

Jaws isn’t mentioned anymore on the page with all their boards. And on the EU store the Jaws has a 20% discount at the moment. I’m guessing they are discontinuing it.

11 Likes

Love to see boards like this hit the market. It’s at a great price point to get into a more “premium” brand but not over the top. I’m too fat to get the mileage I’d want out of this board, but that’s my problem and not theirs. Looks like a nice board. Unfortunately for the Onsra Black Carve 3, it will be overshadowed by the Barrel(l?) release.

8 Likes

I really love it, having a build quality of a Lacroix, with their Stormcore and trucks, for less than 2000$ is a great deal.

I would order just now if it wasn’t for the battery/range, I would gladly pay 100-200 more for a bigger battery.

6 Likes

You guys know if a bigger battery is a option for this enclosure?

5 Likes

Successor to the… Prototipo…eh?

9 Likes

Is a bit far fetched to claim imo. I think one of the reasons people have such an affinity for the prototipo is it’s relatively short wheelbase, not just it’s narrower stance. So, considering they’re measuring the Barrel at 42x16x8, and the Naz comes in at 42x19x8, VS the tipo which was 35.5" deck (not sure the other dims) seems rather large to fill the same shoes.

*edit seems the originally listed dimensions were incorrect, it is sub-sized to the Naz.

6 Likes

I don’t think anyone has confirmed that yet, but if it’s anything like the SS enclosure it’s gonna be pretty tight to the original config.

If it’s like the flux one, you MIGHT be able to fit one more P group

This board looks excellent - it’s basically the iPhone 5c of the Lacroix lineup

5 Likes

How dare you say iPhone 5c

More pixel 6a

3 Likes

Don’t get the obsession with boards going longer and longer…
My VOLOKNO deck is 35.5" and it carves like a longboard, not a tugboat :grinning:

6 Likes

I think a lot of it is stance for some folks.

4 Likes

wondering if this is an error – they say that the barrel is shorter than their flagship decks…

1 Like

I have a wide stance. I haven’t ridden the volokno, but an evo 40 felt cramped to me. longer wheelbase is generally more stable at speed too.

3 Likes

SAME

I love my kaly decks, theyre compact enough to where my board turns really nicely and they dont take up too much space

2 Likes

This looks totally awesome tbh but for going fast I completely maximize my stance on my Nazaré. If the Barrel is going similarly fast I don’t think it would work for me.
I‘m very tempted though to get one for shits and giggles.

2 Likes

@exx This review https://e-skateboarder.com/jaws-review/ shares that the Jaws/nazare deck has a 31.5" standing platform (the same as Lacroix states for the new barrel deck). And the overall measurements for both boards are 42".

So I’m not really sure what Lacroix is on about, saying the new deck is shorter and more like the prototipo. It definitely appears to be very similar to their other boards, not not close to the prototipo at all. Would be nice if Lacroix just gave actual deck measurements. Bizarre to sell $2k to $4.4k skateboards and leave that basic info out.

1 Like