Lacroix Introduces: The Barrel

Yea, Maytech 6374s have been bulletproof motors for me. I have a pair on a board I built two years ago and they still run great.

1 Like
4 Likes

I’ve had the can slippy problem a few times on the Maytech closed can motors, one 6374 and one 6355. But these were ones produced a few years ago, I don’t know if they’ve fixed it in newer batches. Aside from that they’ve been really good, as long as the rotor doesn’t slip on the shaft they have performed great for me.

2 Likes

+1 for maytech 6374s. I’ve used more of them than any other motor. They’re great

2 Likes

How many amps do you run them at?

2 Likes

Those hypertruck lites have beautifully simple design. I bet those only cost like 20/piece to make

1 Like

In quantities of a hundred million, and not attached to a vehicle that has countless hours of engineering cost put into it, you might be right :rofl:

Lmao have you ever purchased cnc aluminum parts at qty? I don’t think they’re as expensive as you’d think.

MAX I would have to guess like $70-80 per truck in material & machining cost, if we’re talking about china

4 Likes

Probably less honestly

3 Likes

Yes but, engineers cost money, and the engineering isn’t free.

1 Like

Cost of engineering varies widely though. You’d be amazed at how much…or little Psychotiller’s last batch of trucks engineering and design cost.

6 Likes

That’s not what I’m talking about, you don’t take engineering cost into the price of actually manufacturing a truck lol

I would be extremely surprised if they cost more to make than my estimate. Either way Lacroix will make some money on em - will be curious to see what price they launch at and if they sell them separate from the motor mounts

Might explain the FLEXL situation lol

1 Like

They are not a standard mounting profile for motor mounts- chamfered more on one side than the other to key orientation. Haven’t measured dia.

Would be great to see them sell the deck/enclosure for a good amount cheaper than the other boards. Anyone hear what this is going for stand alone?

1 Like

Afaik no plans to sell it separately.

1 Like

I think especially due to supply chain issues they really limit the sale of other hardware because they dont want to limit their ability to sell completes. Thats why you see most hardware perma out of stock on their site.

1 Like

Blergh. Wish they were more friendly to the DIY community. But I get it…

1 Like

the only reason to get the enclosure/deck is the put a double stack battery. but with the price of the Barrel it’s a good deal. Damn it’s tempting.

2 Likes

Not to kill the mood, but those aren’t the mounts on the production version

They are still self tensioning, but with two screws holding it instead of a single one

I would say they are even better since it’s the same tried and true method that has been flawless on our previous boards

There was nothing wrong with the single screw design and it worked wonderfully, but we decided to derisk as much as possible since we plan to send a lot of those babies out

In short words, they are the same, but with two springs and two bolts

Cheers and happy to see you guys like it :love_you_gesture:

12 Likes

Pedro acting like he own or works for lacroix in his last post…something I don’t know brah?

5 Likes