Kushboard Sprint - Redember 44 | Avio MK1 Gear Drive | Dual SK3 192kv 6374s | Kahua Trucks | Superstars widened w/ 155mm | 12s5p P42A | Stormcore 60D

@Linny how close are you to wheel bite with those metros? I’m wondering if a 7” tire would fit. All I see with the 44 are metro tires.

7" tyres would work, i had a bit of gap on full lean. Perhaps @jamie can chime in. Are you using TKPs or RKPs? Hangar length?

1 Like

SRB 3 links in hand and waiting patiently for the board so I can’t get a read on the clearance myself. I’d be happy with the grip of the metros. Having some options in tires would be nice though.

Really digging your board. Lots of inspiration!

2 Likes

@Linny @kilow there are some builds with SRB 3-links, the 44, and the 155mm metroboard tires and hubs, here are two recent examples. I’d guess that the 190mm tires would work as well.

(edited - thanks @DEEIF for the clarification)

built by Brandon Torgerson:
B1.PNG

Built by @Rubidium
R1.PNG

8 Likes

Those are 155’s, so 6in. When stretched they become 145’s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Are you thinking what I’m thinking?

12s5p folks. And I think it fits!

Also, 4WD? Am still thinking. If I do, I probably would do a different drive train, am thinking of the BN270s with the straight cut gear drives, for urethane and bergs, and quad 6355s… what do you guys think?

Some oddly satisfying battery pics for ya

8 Likes

Last week I got some free time so I finally built the 12s5p P42A pack. The 30mm nickel came but wtf it came with a bent. Luckily it was able to bend back straight without any kinks. Enjoy the battery build process! Its my first time doing the folded nickel and silicone wire method, so the first couple solders were not great. The rest afterwards were alright.

20 Likes

I just love everything you build thanks for sharing and the inspiration :star_struck:

9 Likes

Appreciate it! Just sharing my process and learning as i go.

7 Likes

So I had to change the location of the charge port and power switch so that it does not hit the unity and phase wires.

First test ride! Wow, 12s is really something. I also set my battery max to 150A, 75A per side.

6 Likes

Now, here comes an issue. My slave side motor died after my Mcdonalds break.
Really odd, the master side works, but the motor spins like 1/4 of it’s full speed when i full throttled while having it lifted off the ground.

This happened when i was 2km from civilization, so i was kinda stranded. I then tried to do detection via VESC tool as i was running 5.2 firmware… it said it could not detect other motor.

I then got desperate and went back to 23.46 firmware on the unity app UI, and ran detection too. And sure enough, it could not detect the other motor. I tried to follow it through anyway, so i can at least ride with 1 motor back home, but it ended up being really wonky, or spins in the other direction and i found it too unsafe to ride home. So i did my first walk of shame in 3 years and got a taxi home. It’s close to 4am now so i’ll open up the board and check it in the morning.

To end off though, the range on this 12s5p P42A is impressive. I did a 15km-ish ride before it dicked out and it went from 100% to 82%.

Alright, Lin out for the night.

10 Likes

Hmm, no magic smoke nor loose connections…

Oh.

I swapped the ESC and motor wires side by side and sure enough, the motor works. So I’ve deduced that the left side of the Unity might have been bricked. Now, how do I fix this? I have a spare unity so I’ll plug it in and see if it works. But I’d really like to use this unity because it has a heatsink that is somewhat permanently attached to it haha.

3 Likes

Remember when I said it looked okay? I iz wrong

And of course it had to be the DRV

I’m at least glad it didn’t blow while I was going 60km/h and hard accelerating.

7 Likes

Absolutly this . Mighty @Linny always rocks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :pray:
Always a pleasure to walk through his process threads :100:

2 Likes

Swapped to a spare Unity I had. And went for a couple rides again. Works fine now! I changed back to the trusty mini remote mod because triggers just work much better and I feel more confident on it. On VESC tool, I get an estimate of 70km range with my wh/km. That’s really nice, no more range anxiety. Just last night I was able to ride with the one and only

11 Likes

UHHHHHH! Them pants :grin:

5 Likes

that’s some nice bike path :cry:

3 Likes

@BillGordon you sexy man, are you able to skate again!!!

3 Likes

I sense the jealousy seeping from your every molecule. We all know I look FABULOUS.

5 Likes

My first real ride in five months. Linny’s board is super carvy but still stable. Considering murdering him for it. He was stuck riding this while I had Kushboard:

6 Likes