Kushboard Sprint - Redember 44 | Avio MK1 Gear Drive | Dual SK3 192kv 6374s | Kahua Trucks | Superstars widened w/ 155mm | 12s5p P42A | Stormcore 60D

I share the same sentiment. :smiley:

2 Likes

Please don’t, who’d build us batteries then? ):

4 Likes

lols

1 Like

Update, got a 60D to replace the unity, had to pull that one for a friend’s build that needs it, also gave me an excuse to get this.

7 Likes

I’ll be interested to hear if you notice a performance increase going from the unity to the Stormcore, especially if you keep all the settings the same.

6 Likes

I’ll report back when I give it a ride!

Yep, keeping all the same settings.

4 Likes

Such a nice build , your painting skill sare out of this world!! Love that shade of green !!

2 Likes

First test ride with the 60D!

I noticed that in order to get similar feel to my unity, I had to increase to 110A motor max, whereas on the unity I was on 100A.

On high speeds, I do notice a bit more power on the top end. Temps are a bit warmer at like 55 Celsius but I’m not using an external heatsink compared to the unity with a 3DS heatsink

8 Likes

Ive just recently set my xenith to 100a per motor was fucking terrified at 1st since i aint wanna fuck up a now $300 vesc but shes been working just fine should probably change fw to no limits mode just incase. Do like the small torque difference between 80a and 100a but still doesnt come close to wat i get from 4wd. Ive been considering 60ds as my next vesc for my 2nd board build

4 Likes

I’ve recently updated to FW 5.3 and the sudden jerk when braking on low speeds is gone! I’ve hard accelerated and braked to try to replicate it and has not happened so far.

However i am running sensorless FOC as i did it via my phone thru the app, i may do HFI but i’ll need to open up the enclosure and plug it into a PC… i might just live with sensorless for now.

Which brings me to my next update.
I GOT A PAIR… of 3 link trucks.
See where i’m going with this? I plan to a drivetrain upgrade. Here’s what’s on my mind.
3 link trucks
Boardnamics AT gear drive
Newbee pentagram hubs
Xcell tyres
6385 reacher motors

As for kv rating, i’m not sure yet. Sure i could go for something high like a 245kv but i’m worried about range and torque. As i’m using a 60D I’m not sure if the ESC can handle a motor kv rating with a 12s battery.
What do you guys think?

5 Likes

Shit I should’ve given you a set of tires while you were here, they’re gonna be 50% more expensive to people without XCELL hubs the next time they are in stock

2 Likes

You have a set?! :smiling_face_with_tear: :skull:

1 Like

245KV is well withing the ERPM limits of Vesc 6 hardware. I plan to use those motors on 12s with a 60D myself.

2 Likes

They were on the blue CNC hubs you were looking at!

2 Likes

Welp, if you’re still down to sell… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Shipping them would make it worthless, once they’re back in stock just talk to Matt, he might drop a discount for you

Oh i have a US address you can ship to. Its a 3rd party forwarder shipping service that will be much cheaper than shipping direcfly to SG. If youre keen to sell drop me a DM :star_struck:

1 Like

You still running them on 100amps on the xenith?

Oh haha i been been upped my amps, im now pushing 500a total motor on both my xeniths with 27a bat limit per motor atm until i finish my other 16p. I need to make a thread of my build once its fully done.

1 Like

Somethings happening

I am in the midst of the drivetrain upgrade and am giving the 3 link trucks a spray job. The original surface is prone to rust so i scuffed every surface with a scotch brite pad and hit it with a durable metal epoxy primer spray. And then black, silver, and a combination of blu-ish green and yellow.

More to come soon

15 Likes