Kushboard Sprint - Redember 44 | Avio MK1 Gear Drive | Dual SK3 192kv 6374s | Kahua Trucks | Superstars widened w/ 155mm | 12s5p P42A | Stormcore 60D

I’m 70kg, so idk; maybe you just have very good efficiency from the gear drives and high kv motors :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

firstly, the board looks outstanding. really great job on that!

secondly, how the hell you have such low consumption? :smiley: for me this is achievable on urethanes only, on tires I’m well over 22wh/km

1 Like

Lemme say that this is…

Absolutely

fucking

A M A Z I N G

And the build of the year, imo
7 Likes

Would the fact that the board is FWD instead of RWD make a difference?

@Linny how does FWD compare to RWD for overall performance (turning in particular)?

The brakes are better and the acceleration is smoother, and it gets less fishy with the tail around tight corners. Generally better all around, only drawbacks are it looks dumb and you either need front guards or inward mount the motors because you don’t wanna bash them

I would FWD my street boards but clearance sucks

1 Like

Everything @ZachTetra said is spot on. I’m not sure if FWD would affect range compared to RWD. Technically it shouldn’t…

2 Likes

Loaded 5.1 firmware and finally did HFI
Take off from a dead stop is smooth…

Slow and medium acceleration is smooth, but it jitters sometimes when hard accelerating.

20 Likes

I love your work and want to use bedliner on my enclosure. Why apply this epoxy between the primer and bedliner? Got a link to help me learn?

Technically you can skip the undercarriage epoxy and just spray bedliner over the primer.
I’ve been doing that previously and had no issues. It’s just that the undercarriage epoxy is supposedly the ‘right way’ to do it. So primer, undercarriage epoxy, and then truck bedliner, perhaps it helps with the adhesion better.

Take a look at this video, this is the brand that i used, and they also followed the painting sequence.

5 Likes

Awesome build, really beautiful. :star_struck:
Linny rocks again. :man_dancing:
peace

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m awaiting for funds to come in so i can start to build the final battery pack for this.

1 Like

Sounds good. All best wishes for getting the goods as soon as you need them, but that was the day before yesterday I guess :joy: , so hopefully that will not take that long in the end, to get this baby fueled with another power source :smiley:

1 Like

Et tu, brute? The betrayal stings like Bactine.

7 Likes

Mans really returned like this

10 Likes

Did he do the deck justice?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

3 Likes

Finally got to setting up the Robo as well as the Bruce. I gotta say, this is some stellar work! The app itself is pretty impressive already, other than the overlapping numbers I have no complaints. The Mario beep upon start up is a nice surprise, which unfortunately got muffled once the enclosure goes on haha. I also hooked up the Bruce and although its a right handed remote for my left handed self, I surprisingly found it okay for my right hand to use. Did a few test rounds around my area and I really like how it feels. Great work @DRI!

14 Likes

How did you mount the pinion to the SK3 shaft? Only retaining compound?

Yep, i used the green retaining compound. Really strong stuff.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks! I am also buying SK3s. I think I will use 638 plus make a flat spot and also use a grub screw for now (belt setup). But later on I will want to convert it to gears too, where I can’t use the grub screw. Please keep us updated if the loctite is not strong enough.

2 Likes

So fresh, so clean. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes