Kushboard Sprint - Redember 44 | Avio MK1 Gear Drive | Dual SK3 192kv 6374s | Kahua Trucks | Superstars widened w/ 155mm | 12s5p P42A | Stormcore 60D

This is so dope :star_struck: love this build :call_me_hand:

9 Likes

What is this beautiful paint at the deck’s bottom?

3 Likes

Did you use some sort of spray-on grip? :exploding_head:

1 Like

I used truck bedliner on the top of the deck as my ‘grip’

Then I spray the same colors over the bedliner.

4 Likes

Its a brand called samurai paint. Might not be able to find it easily unless you’re in Singapore or Malaysia.

3 Likes

This is a great ideal thanks @Linny :call_me_hand:

1 Like

@Linny I wish I could like this twice! Awesome build, and what’s better than that moment when the remote first responds?

5 Likes

@Linny you can come live with me now.

5 Likes

If the Arc team heads to the US in the future we might drop by, who knows i might not leave… haha

1 Like

Ok, assembly underway. Look at all the underutilised space haha. No worries the battery is only temporary.

Drilling…

Skater bois and grills, I present to you, the Kushboard Sprint.

Its 2am, and what better of a way than to head down to the park connectors to wake everyone and their dogs up with the gear whirring.

So first impressions, this board is plenty powerful, even when using a small-ish battery like a 10s4p 30Q. Can’t imagine with P42As.

I am running front wheel drive, just wanna put that out again, and you know what? I’m starting to really like it? Maybe the new trend should be front wheel drives. It takes corners at speeds better, seems to have better brakes, and an all around better feel. Maybe I need to get on one of my other boards side by side to try.

The SK3s are definitely a powerhouse, I had to lean pretty forward to prevent falling back.

Truck wise,
Running Caliber 50 deg baseplate
Front is wedged + 7 deg
Back is dewedged -7 deg
This gives me a split angle of 57/43
Bushings, I used riptide 85A board side, and 80A roadside. Fairly soft and would be ideal for turning tight corners on the track

Here are my unity settings.

90A
-90A
80A
-15A

I’m currently running sensorless FOC using the 23.46 unity firmware. Sensorless might not be ideal for a track race scenario where you have to rev the throttle at the start, so I might run HFI on the latest VESC tool. Anyone with experience running unity on HFI? Would appreciate some help/pointers.

21 Likes

Front side looks mean as hell. No brake lights yet? Looking kinda skinny back there, lol. How much does she weigh?

2 Likes

Yea, might get brake lights soon.

Not sure of the weight yet, I’ll bust out a scale in the morning. Just by feeling, I think its around 12kg thereabouts

That’s one hell of a sexy build. Congrats @Linny.

Quick question. How do you cut the ganja pattern? Do you first put the tape on the board and then cut it? That seems like it would be pretty difficult to do.

3 Likes

Thank you! I have a template which i had cut in paper, then i find the middle of the board, and trace it onto the painters tape with a sharp pencil, then cut out with a ruler and sharp craft knife.

7 Likes

Right. But when exactly do you do the cutting? It looks as though you have done it after the painters tape has already been glued to the board. And that seems like it would be difficult to do, since (1) you wouldn’t have a flat surface under the tape and (2) you wouldn’t be able to completely avoid cutting into the board.

1 Like

The 44 is my favourite deck by a million miles. Lucky enough to get one in April this year and have hardly ridden anything else since.

Your build is phenomenal. Love it :+1::grin::+1:

4 Likes

Ah, forgot to mention that. I paste the tape on the deck first, then I trace and cut the shape out. The bedliner surface is fairly tough, so having the blade touch it for a bit is fine

Thank you @Toughook!

3 Likes

Kushboard Sprint first test ride

Verdict, 10s4p 30Q is not enough range wise lol. Power wise its plenty good enough for me, why do you guys need 12s10ps :sweat_smile:

End of the ride stats

1 Like

Only 39km/h top speed? Max current 27.3A???

I have no clue how you aren’t hitting the board harder. I did a run today on my brother’s single drive 10s4p board, and had the battery sag down below 50% while going at a slow 35km/h against some light wind. How much do you weigh?

2 Likes

I’m 65kg, i wouldn’t call myself an aggressive rider so there’s that haha

1 Like