Kushboard Athena | 39 Evo | BN 220s | Spiral Bevel GD | SK3s 192kv | TB6 ESC | Zoobomb 111mms

Yep, I spray the bedliner, which is black, and then my colors over it.

4 Likes

@Linny Every time I see you post, I have to :eyes:. In my opinion, there are great builds, and then there are Linny builds. Absolute master craftsman sir!!

5 Likes

Why are these pressfit connectors soldered :sob:
Ruins the entire benefit of pressfit

Thank you! Appreciate it.

@linsus wait… it’s meant to be a pressfit? F

Yeah, the holes are slightly smaller than the actual legs, so when they’re pressed in (they’re stuck forever), the contact resistance is very low cause the legs are harder than the PCB, they bond very well with the copper.

Adding solder actually dereases performance

I’m sure it’ll work fine anyway, but worth thinking about for next time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is ridiculous, in a good way haha.

Trucks going on, going to do some final soldering on the phase wires to MR60, and deciding where I want the charge port and power switch.

25 Likes

That looks great!

The motors look dangerously close to the deck though. Is there enough clearance to avoid motorbite?

1 Like

Fortunately no! On a full lean, there’s about 5mm of gap.

5 Likes

Getting there, but now it seems to be some software side issue.

my TB6 ESCs are 5.1, and i can’t seem to update the firmware to a more recent version.

I would run the firmware update as usual, but when i connect it back again, it would say 5.1. So i say screw it and used VESC tool 2.05.

Ran detection and everything and all is good, placed the board down in my room and did an acceleration and braking test with me on it.

Accel seems alright, but braking is really weak…?
These are my settings

Motor max 100A
Motor brake -100A
Batt Max 80A
Regen -15A

4 Likes

Had the same thing before.
Reflashing the bootloader fixed it.

1 Like

Okay, i’ll give it a try, thanks!

Well that worked a treat, updated to 5.2 firmware! Braking still feels very weak. Maybe i’ll give the beta 5.3 firmware a try also.

1 Like

Is the weak braking on indoor (presumably low speed) tests still or have you moved to outdoor higher speed ones? If it’s low speed I got no explanation, maybe double check your “reverse/brake/smart reverse” settings in VESC Tool, and see if for some reason there’s a weird acceleration curve applied. You could also apply a weird acceleration curve that has a very steep slope in the deceleration and smooths out after, a logarithmic one could be nice

This is what I’ve been fighting on basically the same setup with the Spiral drives. Been using 5.3 on the Stormcore to get both UART active. First thing I noticed was the accel and braking were unexpectedly weak.

Do you think it’s got to do with the gear drive? I know it’s a 20:40 ratio but i wouldn’t think it would be that big of a deal.

1 Like

I expect some is due to the gear ratio, but I still feel like something is missing. Just a little pretext before I update my thread. I just rebuilt this board with a 12s4p p42a batt, 60D, and 6388s.

Im gonna play with the settings some today. I have a bigger battery I could try but really 12s4p should be fine.

3 Likes

Sounds good, looking forward to your thread post!

1 Like

I suppose the weak brakes are due to the -15A regen. The battery probably won’t like more than that though. You could at least try bumping it up to -20A temporarily to see if that’s indeed the bottleneck you’re hitting.

2 Likes

What got me puzzled is that all my boards are set to -15 regen. But anyways i went downstairs for a quick test and the braking is decent after updating to 5.2 firmware. Not balls off the walls great, but it’ll be able to stop. Uploading beauty shots in a bit!

Checked throttle mapping? What values have you set? Exponential, natural, polynomial?

2 Likes