Kook’s outcast effluent pitted bearing bores

What I am learning from your journey is that i’m glad I put off picking these up.

I did however get a pair of suspect TB 6374 motors and one of them has this issue or something like it:

think you mean on the shaft side, mine look like idiot dis/assembly

Just normal motor cleaning routine

basically the bearings spin fine until I press them in that bore then they roll intermittently. not very happy fatal damage like this wasn’t put in the listing… sigh.

2 Likes

are you sure your bearing is seated fully? that could be symptomatic of what you’re experiencing…first check they’re fully seated… then check the motor bearing seat for crap at the base, out of round, etc. somehow either the bearing is being forced out of round, or the races are not parallel with each other… good luck!

2 Likes

I was kind thinking it was obvious from looking at out the bearing was sitting in a bad bore. The bearing is getting squeezed in some kind of way.

The question is do I want to take them to a shop and try to clean it up.

The interference fit is completely scraped up…

1 Like

welcome to hell… you’re now my captives…

this is my domain… I offer advice… some good… some not so good… all is fair… objections and clarifications, and corrections are great…

but if you just fucking quit… you end up here…

have a pleasant day… there is only two rings of hell below this dungeon…

3 Likes

poke your nose elsewhere

3 Likes

I don’t mean to be offensive… but this is the dungeon for those that give up… giving advice is futile they have already quit, have a good day and get the fuck off my lawn…

1 Like

Ok. Now I understand.

2 Likes

I really expected to see some slanty words among the effluent… disappointed.

3 Likes

glyphiks

1 Like

sorry what is the point on this thread, must of missed it…

Adolescence

3 Likes

@PixelatedPolyeurthan

2 Likes

@Mainflow

1 Like

@PixelatedPolyeurthan has left the chat

2 Likes

freedom units

Yeah… should I to stare at the wall now?

1 Like

I miss SI units. A lot.

i h8 SAE measurements, do you realize how few countries/industries use SAE?have you ever worked on a buggy in the desert, in the middle of the night, and had a 10mm wrench in your hand when i was 3/8"…

I fabricate fast shit that works in the frontier… and when the motor is metric… and suspension is FUB… how big of a fukup its that…

I do my fab in metric and my “friends” use FUB… they cant figger it out… I multiply by 10… they have to divide buy 32 and carry the one…

fuck jimmy carter

2 Likes

You and every other guy out there. Even if SAE measurements were standard, i’d prefer metric simply because i don’t have to divide by 32 and deal with fractions. It’s not like we pay for stuff in fractions… just not intuitive. “hey, here’s 3/8 dollars and 1/16 cents.”

3 Likes