KALY-XLR Ernesto new creation.

ROFL

8 Likes

I know this is a topic for another thread, but I would love to see some lock system that allowed us to secure our boards similarly to how bicycles are locked up outside while the owner is off doing human shit

6 Likes

Yes! Would love this!! Aslong as its not completely ugly

1 Like

Just looking at the skatekastle boosted one. I don’t see why that wouldn’t work. Not for channel trucks but maybe they can design it for it.

Front wheel or whole truck bike locked doesn’t work?

I mean… Bolt cutters but still.

Is a good start
Now is to pull the cost down and get this rolling.

5 Likes

Any chance this esc and truck will be available for separate purchase? :grin::grin:

3 Likes

Or something that would zap / electrocute unauthorized people

3 Likes

I always thought that something like this would be the best bet. Wraps up the whole board so should deter any disassembly as well. But yeah, bolt cutters.

what we need is, less shitty people from this world, so we don’t need to fear about these things

Also, self destruct sequence

7 Likes

i would go for a gps tracker and a private swat team

3 Likes

when the student surpasses his teacher
finally feels good to get one back

also @b264 dont skate and text

9 Likes

:rofl:

that connect, made my day. well done.

millihenries? mHampAurs?.. …

3 Likes

usually it’s megaamphenries (MAH) or milliattohours (mah) instead of milliamphours (mAh)

4 Likes

Why there is need for rhoestatic braking? Can it break stronger? And won’t the ESC be wasting energy with rhoestatic braking compared to regenerative braking where the energy get’s back to the battery?

1 Like

If the battery is full, you can damage it on braking so the rheostatic braking solves that issue.

5 Likes

Ernesto uses a discharge bms. Too much regen on a fully charged battery can cause the bms to shut down. A rheostatic brake would help to alleviate that issue

5 Likes

Idk why he doesn’t program the bms to stop charge at 4.1v/cell and have headroom for braking

3 Likes

Moaaarrrrr raaaannngggeeeee.

And to be fair, he’s covering himself for a fringe use case. Limiting everybody for an issue that will only affect few, is shit.

Putting proper failsafes in place while maximising potential seems like a far better solution

4 Likes

One could argue that charging to 4.1v would preserve cell health. Either way, you’re still right.

3 Likes