k00k makes a "happi-happi joy-joy" ratboard 4 wheel-drive esk8

hold my beer

I’m going to make a 4wd rat-board
for science

The concept…

• 4 crap hub motors converted to direct-drive…
  • crappy amazon deck
  • crappy battery at unknown spec 10s5p

Why? You ask? Why not I have the parts…
The motors run fine on 30amps but I doubt the battery will support that amp load… No fucks given…

I was at first going to meld 2 double crappy LingYi ESCs but thats’ not going to work unless someone can give me a pinout of the canbus port
Or I magically meld two remotes into one remote… Even I think this is sketchy…

So Neo/Jed/Jeff boxes
Haha well that won’t be happening…

So I begin to accumulate BoxesOfFoc… The pickings are getting pretty fucking thin lately…

But from out of the heavens two Jedbox v6 from the test phase land in my lap…
So now I’ve got 2 FocBoxes hardware 4, and two Jedboxes running hardware 6…
I “think” I’ll run canbus cables between the FocBoxes and another cancable between the Jedboxes with dual receivers one on front axle and one receiver on the rear axle…

Somehow i know I’ve overlooked something…

Please go ahead and spit-ball my thoughts…

hold my beer

20 Likes

Holding your beer and watching and hoping, and sipping

8 Likes

Any thoughts on playing with different VESC hardware versions on different axles?
Same firmware…

4 Likes

6hw is smoother then 4hw…however since you are doing split ppm…I dont see why it couldn’t work, but I have no idea lol

4 Likes

I foresee no problems directly caused by this

Any that are connected by CANBUS need to be on the same firmware version though, even if they are different hardware

5 Likes

neither do I!
:beer: :beer: :beer:

1 Like

This will definitely cause problems manifested by extreme sagging and extra-short battery lifetime and poor range

4 x 15A is still a shitload of power

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree…a 120amp battery shouldn’t be too hard to get. Or build

1 Like

10s5p 30q…hmu brotha

1 Like

:beer:
Thanks… I’ll look at this as your blessing!
I wanna run same firmware everywhere and same hardware on same axles… Split PPM To possibly mitigate The hardware difference… Id almost like to run 4 receivers but that sounds k00ky even to me…

5 Likes

Thanks brother…
I’m going to use the crappy 10s5p i have…
But just in case this doesn’t work…
k00k can make battery too!

4 Likes

Following for that part :ok_hand:

3 Likes

If’n you wanna jump ahead of the class, take a peek at my Following in steps of Carvon thread…
These crap hubs converted to direct-drives make a cameo appearance…

2 Likes

save you the searching. BOOM hyperlinx

5 Likes

Thanks Brian!
:beer: :moneybag: :beer:

3 Likes

Oh I remember this thread, just didn’t remember it was yours, sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Agreed…
I’m even going to run this crap battery top mount in a non-fireproof molle bag strapped to the board with custom stretchy tie down thingies… No fucks given…

The board I wanted to use was a flexy-flyer super fun board a friend in HB pressed for me…

Unfortunately it got ran over by a car, and crushed when I was down-hilling freeskating my first set of @moestooge three links… Faaak…

So plan B… Crappy amazon board… Or maybe :beer: wouldbuy me favor eith my buddy and he can press me another …

1 Like

shudder…

I faaking hate opening up a prebuilt battery and seeing the little shop of horrors that awaits me…
we all know it will be grim
It’s probably got a 30amp limited BMS with crappy cells and even crappier construction…

But sometimes you gotta work thru the pain!

Where’s that guy @kevingraehl ? Hey you have any 10s Daly BMS’s

I guess i should check his thread… My Daly 10s BMS’s have been shanghaied in HongKong for like two months…

fuck you BangGood

2 Likes

I think I have one. Ping me in the am. And send your address. 415.341.2281

1 Like

This is the crappy battery…

If i google image the tag and translate it says “happi-happi joy-joy” this way, and if I flip it, it translates to “you’re fucked k00k”

I know… Super grim…

9 Likes