Just got a Meepo V3 - and it’s pretty good

Interesting, didn’t know about that. Thanks for sharing. I get a test board in a couple weeks. It should arrived already, but they can’t fly out goods from China due to the Corona at the moment, so it will come by train. I will test and report about the braking issue. I tested just charged boards and there was no issue with the brakes. They worked very good. I could even brake so hard, that they locked and I could slide :grin:

1 Like

more issues noted here :

He didn’t say anything about low batteries. Maybe it was a general problem of the pre series models?

But I share his opinion about the concave though. The deck is shaped for smaller riders with small feet :smile:

1 Like

Talking more build quality and capability. The way Exway implemented the ESC and the app is pretty impressive.

Though I have not ridden the Flex, everything I’ve seen put it in the different category you’re describing.

3 Likes

Yeah the exway flex and all its features at $700 really is the best option for a pre built at that price. Really checks off all the boxes the China brands do and more.

None of the budget brands $700 builds offer what the exway flex offers, not even close.

3 Likes

Just some things to note with the Meepo if I remember correctly:

Push to turn on, in a real life use case, is arguably as useful if not more logical as a remote turn on. Also has auto shut off after a few minutes.

It has cruise control.

The braking power is adjustable and I think some sort of flux acceleration options on the latest ESC.

The app for the exway really is some magic sauce and just separates themselves from the rest.

3 Likes

Is the 7.0 meepo ESC the flux ESC?

1 Like

Yes I know, I own a Meepo, but mine has the older V5.0 ESC with no LCD and no cruise control.

Meepo doesn’t have the 7.0 (yet), we do in our Jetforce boards :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jetforce? That’s a cool name.

1 Like

The Flex-Riot is trying to woo me. It won’t work, I mean, I have a 12S9P (or 12P) MTB to finish.

3 Likes

Push to start and the USB port on the battery are the most practical. There have been times I had to charge my phone or shredlights from the board when I work nights

And what is this about cruise control?

2 Likes

The latest version with the remote with the lcd has cruise control

1 Like

I finally put 100miles on the V3, it’s been awesome.

However, I wiped out pretty hard last week and the board hit a curb. The RH motor started making a ticking noise when turning right, so I opened it up.

Only thing I saw is that the hub bearing had popped out of its place a bit. I tapped it back in and reassembled, let’s see if that fixes it…

7 Likes

Tempted to buy a v3 today… swap it all to my fish deck for my little icecream getter. …

Meepo v3 is on sale for 379 today… sooooooooooooooo

3 Likes

It’s a great beginner board and that’s a good deal!

1 Like

Stator length and width would be interesting.

Hey man, you claim to do so many tests on boards. It would be great if you recorded or showed some proof of them. Would put a lot of fellow forum members at ease.

Ill be attending the paris event, so ill be looking fo yo ass

What do you want to see in particular?

1 Like

Well whatever you are testing, i do not have specific requests, but i like reading up on things such as “oh this is the new esc blabla” or “I tested these hubs for 500 miles, this is how they look now” kinda stuff. Helps people make better builds too.

Thats why i also love these discussions about premade boards.

I did this for about 10 sets of wheels which I tested this months. Now I’m gonna test about 10 different Trucks in dozens of settings, after that we will test a couple different decks, with different Batteries, different motors and different ESCs. But most of them are our own developed prototypes, so the benefit for the community is not too big on this. But everything we test and all the experiences we gain will go in our products that we will offer. This is our way to give something back to the community.

2 Likes