Just got a Meepo V3 - and it’s pretty good

I thought I was done with budget hub motor/meepo boards but this thread had me load up the Meepo site lol

3 Likes

On Meepos site it says their own version 6 ESC, so that’s lingyi? Whatever it is the acceleration still catches me off guard sometimes, it’s a thrill to ride and passing between cars in the city is pretty nice too. Managing traffic is the biggest benefit of more power and speed

You can definitely argue that Wowgo or Ownboard make better boards, but neither of those companies market themselves well or do even decent customer engagement.

Yes. My dead one is the V5 model, but the new Flux is V6. It’s way more fun than the Hobbywing, but still not quite as smooth.

And they cost way more:
ownboard w2 is $600 ($500 on sale)
wowgo3 is $600 ($500 on sale)
Meepo is $429 ($400 on sale)

Jumping from $400 > $500 is 25% increase in cost
And $429 > $600 is 40% increase

And ownboard charges for shipping as well. (At least to Canada)

Hands down meepo v3 is the best bang for buck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s true, but the 7.0 is on pare with HW, but more powerful and more features. What people often forget is, that more power means always a certain degree of less smoothness. Test the same board on a 1KW and on a 10KW setting und you will see the 1KW is way smoother even though it’s the same board, VESC, RC.

Okay, you’ve mentioned this twice. I feel the need to respectfully call you out on this. I have a hard time believing that you have a more modern version of the LingYi ESC than their biggest customer does. Can I ask you to explain this?

1 Like

Throttle curves…thats all I’ll say.

1 Like

Sure, It’s the 2020 Version and we got it customized. I guess bigger brands can buy them as well, but they need to sell their stocks first. But that’s just how I would explain it.

And we are not the only one with the 7.0 there are one or two smaller brands that they have it too for their 2020 line up.

2 Likes

I would say the Exway flex is the best bang for buck budget board at the moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks for that.

Sure, I would like you to experience it by yourself. Are you coming to Paris for the world cup? We will have about 10 different test boards there.

1 Like

Regrettably, I won’t be there. Hurts given what a great event they pulled off last year. But I’m sure we’ll have some forum members there to check out your gear and report back.

1 Like

Oh it occurred to me, that I can prove it easily. The 7.0 comes with the new OLED remote with all the features I mentioned above, except the light features. They are customized by us :slight_smile:

This is the new one :slight_smile:

1 Like

$429 vs $650

At 1.5x more expensive, I wouldn’t say they’re in the same market segment.

That’s like saying a $1500 boosted vs a $2250 longhairedboy custom

1 Like

Whats the max battery amps the 7.0 esc can take?
And what about motor amps?

1 Like

The V3 ER is more likely the one to compare it with the Flex. Both have a claimed Range of 32km (real range more like 20km) and a top speed of 45km/h (even Exway claims just 40km/h)

The prices are 629€ vs 649€

At the moment Exway is unbeatable in the budget board segment. But that’s just IMHO.

I think the stock 7.0 is still 30A like the 6.0.

2 Likes

Given my experience with the X1 Pro, agreed.

4 Likes

You really can’t compare the Flex with the X1. The riding is like day and night. Those new forged Trist trucks are really amazing. We are working at the moment on offering X1 V2 with trist trucks and the wider belts/pulleys. Carving is really a dream with the Flex.

3 Likes

From our local group : there was a rider who got to test the Flexway out :

Chimming in on the Exway. We, well, actually Sophia has had the Flexway for awhile now and noticed similar problems with the braking. Mainly the brake doesnt work when battery is low.

We reported that to Exway team and they noted and says they will be working on a patch/ fix on that issue after corinavirus cooldown and allows them to be back to work. And then they pushed back the launch date from March to April.

So yeah, the issue with brakes is very real, but it will get fix before public release. Hopefully.

2 Likes