Just got a Meepo V3 - and it’s pretty good

You guys may have seen how I recently joined here to learn about the Wowgo 2s. The wowgo was ok but I wanted more speed, now I’m hitting 27.7 on my ride app and there is much more torque! Not bad for $440!

Thoughts?

8 Likes

Sounds better than a lacroix

41 Likes

Is this a bot that just forwards post from r/electricskateboarding?

5 Likes

its a great board for the price! i actually just picked one up myself, courtesy of @Jinra however i am planning on upgrading the battery in here, to get more range and less voltage sag.

7 Likes

In all seriousness the V3 and NLS do have some decent hubs on them, probably the torquiest I have seen on a budget brand.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m so surprised that the cheapest 2019 budget board is the best one. (wowgo 2s is abit cheaper, but its 2018 model)

Look at the v3 destroy all others:
Most notably the metroboardX! which is $2500!

4 Likes

Can you open the hub motor and measure the rotor diameter and length for us?

5 Likes

I could do this tonight if no one gets to it before me

1 Like

Thanks, that’s great! Would do it by myself, but after 500 miles, I can’t unscrew the screws :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I”m glad you guys agree, the wowgo was a good starter board but this V3 is definitely way better.

Speaking on measuring the hub motors, just remove the philips screws around the inside circumference?

2 Likes

Stop being a dick :smile:

10 Likes

He has to compensate somehow shrug

1 Like

Sadly he doesn’t don’t @ me.

1 Like

Long time ago when I went from the 90mm sleeves to the 100mm sleeves I measured the stator. I believe it was a 5055 equivalent but I wasn’t using calipers so give or take a couple mm on those measures.

On the meepo board subreddit, I told Kieran to make some RKP DD’s (told them about the revel kit) or lengthen the hub stator for the “V4” drives so hopefully my advice gets through to them.

1 Like

Good for the price? Maybe.
Good as a toy? Most definitely.
Good by us “DIY Guy”'s standards? Not really.

3 Likes

I mean yeah let’s talk about OPs intent, face value it’s like cool your being thrifty but why do I fucking care, this is a forum for DIY builds/mutual suicide pact.

1 Like

Chinese esk8s are the gateway drug of DIY and Meepo is the best player in that space, so let’s calm down with the superstar DIY inclusive vibe.

20 Likes

Shit… my koolaid is still full. So your saying, Dont drink it?

5 Likes

“prebuilt discussion” discussing how enjoyable prebuilt boards can be

6 Likes

If we’re talking Chinese boards I wouldn’t rank Meepo as the best but high up there. Mostly because they’re still using that awful LingYi ESC.

1 Like