JUMPINATOR | Trampa lightweight build

Hard to say after a couple of rides only, also the carver deck was 14ply and my HolyPro 16ply. Due to the shorter wheelbase of the carver it feels more agile. The ground clearance is higher compared to HolyPro even with 7" vs. HolyPro with 8". In skate park or for rolling over higher obstacles it’s an advantage. Riding on the HolyPro feels more stable also due to lower center of mass. If you are not a speed demon then both decks work.

I’m still riding on a 14ply carver deck with mini trucks and 7" for commuting (I’m 74kg). It is a great mobile trampoline, very comfy.

Here a comparison between 2 carver decks and HolyPro

Carver deck with regular trucks and 7" vs. mini trucks and Gummies

Flex test 14ply :joy:

As much as my knees and I love Trampa decks but I guess the flex is too much for jumping.

This should be better against bottoming out.

MBS EU has no ETA yet but estimates at least 4-8 weeks :weary:

I got pm’s from @spei and @klaus79856 trying to help me, thanks for that!

@spei spotted a polish shop which should have the deck in stock but they don’t deliver abroad, wrote them a message and waiting for reply :pray:.

5 Likes

Finally here the video of the group ride in germany :grin:

15 Likes

Time for some major updates…

After weeks of searching I gave up to find a DWII deck somewhere in stock. I don’t want to wait until next year so I changed to plan b and ordered a complete DWII board with metal Matrix II trucks.

All mounts I have are for Trampa trucks so next decision was clear, I need E-Toxx mini drives :drooling_face:

Well, this “low budget” build for jumping gets expensive and I’m afraid I have to invest even more in the future.

Also I might have a problem with the fresh lipos because they are over-discharged. Unfortunately the AS switch was on since 4 weeks and the voltage went down to 2.7V per cell. I charged them back to 3.8V without problems but am not sure about the condition, they had 4-5 charge cycles only. At least all cells have the same voltage, time will tell.

6 Likes

Since you did not draw big currents while discharging them they should be ok.
Maybe the IR has increased a little bit but they should not be damaged.

2 Likes

I like your answer :laughing:

None of the lipos I had survived more than 1 year so probably these ones have a little shorter lifespan. But I won’t buy lipos anymore, too expensive in the end. For science I want to build a 12s2p of 40T in winter. According to the data sheets that should be good, low voltage sag and almost full capacity even under heavy load. Of course a 3p would be better but also heavier. As long as I stay below 60A batt max I’m safe, at 40A it would be perfect, look at this beautiful curves

1 Like

I just had a short look. following numbers are based on mooch discharge rating and nkon EU prices.
40T 12s2p 1.7kg 60A discharge 345Wh 130€
VTC6 12s3p 1.8kg 60A discharge 388Wh 124€
that´s for sure only paper numbers, but looks like for 100g more and 6€ less you would get same performance with VTC6

4 Likes

Nice comparison :ok_hand: yeah true but I think the 40T is even better at 30A/cell compared to VTC6 at 20A/cell because they get hot above 15A. I might be wrong and that’s why I wrote “for science”. Talking about science, I should build both battery packs for comparison :joy:

1 Like

I would welcome that :joy::ok_hand:

1 Like

Another cell option for a third pack

https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Vapcell%20INR21700%204200mAh%20(Green)%202019%20UK.html

More voltage sag and only 3A max charge but hey, feel free to send me 24 cells for the third pack :laughing:

2 Likes

And a 10S12P so I don´t have to call again a tow service.

1 Like

Ding-dong!

Looks good beside the fact that I also ordered 6x 9" tires which I wanted to ride tomorrow but no 9" tires inside, only the 9" tubes, damn.

However life goes on… ups wrong bearings inside one wheel :sweat_smile:

Changed them to 12mm ID bearings

I have to say the concave of the deck and also the trucks feel very good (at least in my living room), curious how it is in real life. This deck is ultra-stiff so no way I can bottom out when landing :man_shrugging: but I have no idea where to take the energy for ollies or jumps. A Trampa deck you push down and lift it when it bounces up so you have more power. The DW II deck is a tad more flexy than a concrete floor.

I wonder how the stiff deck handles shocks and vibrations, there is a rubber riser pad which should help but also adds height.

In general the deck sits higher to the ground compared to Trampa and also the stance is wider but with about the same wheel base.

13 Likes

I’m so excited to get mine! It looks great man. What shock block setup did you get?

2 Likes

The orange ones came with the trucks, gonna find out in real life but it feels very smooth and curvy standing in socks on the board at home :laughing:

4 Likes

Looks like the deck is back in stock in US

This looks fantastic, I also like the green one they do. I wish there were more options for MTB

1 Like

Mounted the heelstraps and couldn’t resist to test the board unpowered in skate park. Well I found out that I’m definitely too old for analog boards :joy:, was sweating like a pig.

The stiff deck feels a bit weird, I’ve tried 360’s at standstill but could not spin more than 300°, for the missing 60° I would need flex. Then I wanted to ride in the halfpipe but it’s too high for me to start from the top so I tried it from the beginning of the slope and catch speed by pushing down/up like with a sk8board. Well I felt like a moron and it didn’t work, just once where I did a 180 and then the energy was gone.

I won’t ride again until it’s powered but looking foward to my first jumps in dirt park, can’t wait. Also I’m curious how the Matrix II trucks perform.

The total weight of the board is 7.66kg (16.89 lb), so it’s 0.166kg heavier than the original Jumpinator, not bad.

12 Likes

Nice, can’t wait to see that and read more after your e-test :wink:
Good DIY !
:v:

3 Likes

Can you tell me how wide the deck is? I have one ordered but it’s going to Tim to get some artwork done and I can’t seem to find the measurement anywhere.

1 Like

I’m at work now but in a couple of hours I can measure it for you

2 Likes