JUMPINATOR | Trampa lightweight build

:rofl: itā€™s necessary, the grub screws came loose again so the Jumpinator was out of order, no problem. Need to glue the pulleys.

Itā€™s not easy (I mean without falling) and takes time to get a feeling how the boards reacts. Important is to increase the airtime in very small steps to avoid pain and possible injuries. I started with passive jumping at BMX track. With passive I mean to jump without lifting the board, just by riding with enough speed over a ramp, table, kicker whatever to take off. After some practice I started active jumping where you lift or ollie the board shortly before take off. You can jump much higher compared to passive jumping on the same kicker.

I feel comfortable with 180s if Iā€™m not too fast or high but am scared at higher speed. My plan is to do 360s or at least one :joy: but my balls need to grow a bit.

6 Likes

Hey Rich how is mountainboarding around in skateparks? I wanna give it a go since we have a reasonably nice park here but Iā€™ve never stepped foot in it but donā€™t know how it would handle the big ramps and stairs. Thereā€™s a couple big bowls I think Iā€™ll stay out of for the time being.

Think Iā€™m going to give it a go today anyways and see whatā€™s up.

1 Like

Videos please @Saturn_Corp :smiley:

Alright but donā€™t expect anything good lol

1 Like

I figured falling is def going to come! I just have to make sure Iā€™m suited up enough lol I have a spot that I can access the ditches very easily and go towards grass. The lip is enough to give me a little air I think, until I start jumping. I have been getting use to piping the front end up and that has gotten much easier than when I first got the board lol. Thanks for the pointers!

1 Like

Great but itā€™s the most dangerous place to ride :rofl:

Concrete and hard ramps/obstacles everywhere. I cracked my urban carver deck in skate park, killed 2 trucks in skate park, destroyed a motor in skate park, hurt myself and couldnā€™t move my arm for weeks and got scars from skate park.

Well all destruction of material and my worst injury happened in skate parks :thinking:

I want to visit a big one soon :joy::pray:

Itā€™s almost 7am here and I was editing the video the whole night, I definitely need to sleep now, video should be finished today.

Good night/morning :sleeping:

9 Likes

Here we goā€¦

The deck is way too flexible and hit the ground almost everytime when landing but the feeling is very smooth. Iā€™ll see if the deck (and I) can withstand higher jumps.

Iā€™m using the Flipsky VX1 remote, after 2 rides and many falls it looks like this

The wrist band separated but the remote seems sturdy.

12 Likes

How do you switch dampaā€™s easily? I could only manage to put the green ones on the back of my board today. Springs are way to tough for me! I only kept the rear ones in for high speed stability, but we will see how it works out when my build is done. I wasnā€™t able to get both on in the front, only 1.

How my rear end isā€¦ and I weigh 170 lbs, which is in the range of what trampa recommended from the guide. I shouldā€™ve gone with a lower durometer.
My front end also feels really small as well (spring only), but I canā€™t say for sure until I am all powered up.

With it you can press the side you placed the first spring down. Makes it easy to place the spring on the other side than.

3 Likes

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSn6hwevO2dpmfAq__PhJI_1off8BEEHBCa5KW5jx6x2hqzvK4h

6 Likes

Fuck it the list gets longer

I am not sure yet if the motor mount and motor survived, the mount looks a bit crooked but at least the motor spins but the shaft moved.

It was my second ride today and was jumping and making progress in skate and dirt park. Well I just wanted to leave the skate park when this happened. I was riding up the yellow ramp and riding back in reverse.

I made an unintended bad turn facing the concrete wall (like last time) and applied 100% brake. Well it was too late when I realized that I applied full throttle in reverse instead. Im using the ā€œCurrent Hyst Reverse with Brakeā€ mode where you need to push the throttle forward to brake when rolling backward. Fuck it was a loud knock and impact.

blue paint from the wall

9 Likes

Nooooooooooooooooo! It was going so well man :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

Thanks yeah life is a bitch

Disassembled everything

The knocked motor sounds a bit different but should be alright. Both shafts moved so I took a 8mm rod and hammered them 5-6mm inwards, then spread Loctite 638 everywhere and hammered them back.

Also changed the bolts and added Loctite 638 as well, that should hold :crossed_fingers:.

I mount the front truck on the rear and use an old bad hanger in the front (where the holes are too big and kill bushings almost daily) for now.

Iā€™m more concerned about the crack in the deck, it got bigger. The original impact when it cracked was on the left front. I swapped front and rear of the deck for the Jumpinator and now the impact was on the right rear. So exactly the same impact spot twice, damn. Also the white layer of epoxy is cracked and many parts of it are missing.

7 Likes

Yeah, I wouldnā€™t continue riding with that deck, for it to look that bad, the damage is deeper than what you can see.

1 Like

Fixed the board and let it chill a bit on my vacation in switzerland. I had 1 ride and the shaft moved again. There are strange sounds but as long as it moves my ass I donā€™t care yetā€¦

On Friday I drive to the ā€œDirt Track Funā€ in hassloch/germany (16-18.09). It willl be the first time that I see other MTBā€™s in reality, epic! If you have time it would be great to meet there, @NoWind and @Duffman are there, too :sunglasses:

16 Likes

you mean august, no?

1 Like

Haha thanks yeah of course august :joy:

But 4 weeks vacation from now would be nice, too :sunglasses:

1 Like

Today is race day at hasslochā€¦
Having a great time with freaks like me :sunglasses:

Also I destroyed something but not on my board, sorry for the broken kingpin @Duffman :innocent:. At least he came with 4 boards so 3 are running YET

22 Likes

That was a great weekend in germany and also my first time riding side by side with many mountainboards shredding in the woods. Imagine that noise :heart_eyes:!! And also how people look when 12 MTBā€™s appear.

The race didnā€™t happen because of rain, at least we could do some trial runs with time measurement before. Itā€™s not easy to ride a tight bike track as fast as possible, thatā€™s for sure. There was a crazy fast swiss guy and also @Duffman and @NoWind know how to ride, I was 2-3 seconds slower each lap.

I met Rene, the man with the superman shoes and he the man with the batman shoes :joy:.

Here is the last picture where you can see the complete Jumpinator amongst the othersā€¦

Well I took some tools and get her naked in the cargo bay.

the deck remains in germany for a different project where the cracked tip isnā€™t needed. Maybe @Duffman creates a thread once itā€™s finished. I gave it away before it breaks apart and also the 14ply was not suitable for jumping anyway but it was very comfortable for riding.

My plan is to buy a stiff MBS deck probably Pro 97 DW II (or Comp 95 Birds). I thought thatā€™s an easy task but unfortunately these decks are sold out everywhere in EU. Iā€™m waiting for a reply from MBS europe and hope theyā€™ll be back in stock soon.

The Jumpinator canā€™t jump :man_shrugging:

17 Likes

How did you like the carver compared to the MTB for the similar use case? Jumping and mountainboarding.

I havenā€™t been unhappy with the very narrow deck; especially with bindings but wonder if missing out on that extra 15mm really makes much of a difference.

1 Like