JUMPINATOR II | MBS DW II | E-TOXX | lightweight MTB

Thank you for these kind words. :blush:
I think it’s more british, I think.( props for my grammar :dizzy_face:)
Thank Doctor Who for that accent. (Meet me in Paris)
Anyways, @rich I checked my other truck and it is also not loose, so you got a bad truck.

2 Likes

No both trucks are like this :cry:

My first thought was :point_down:

Then I thought if both trucks have this then probably the whole batch is like this and I would get similar replacements.

It wiggled on the other truck the same but after adding 2x0,5mm washers the movement was gone. Now I gonna add washers to this truck as well and see if the problem is solved. If yes I would need the Matrix Pro bushings with 3mm flange as @MBS mentioned. They are out of stock in EU right now.

I had the same on Trampa trucks, I bet it’s because you already reached the end of the thread. Add a smaller washer between the big washer and the nut and you can tighten it more :ok_hand:.

2 Likes

I did that already. Probably will need to add one more thou :pensive:

2 Likes

I did it and here is the result

7 Likes

Glad you got that solved.

2 Likes

The “super rattle” shown in the video is definitely wrong (potentially in more ways that one), but it is not problem with tolerances. It’s an assembly problem. If the king pin washer on the nut side is not properly centered the king pin cannot be tightened properly. The following pics perhaps explain it best.

We’ve trained our assembly guys on this but obviously need to follow up again. The good news is it’s easy to fix - just loosen your king pin nut a little, center that washer and hold it in place while you re-tighten king pin. That should cinch it all up (gaps or no gaps). No washers required.

Ultimately, the fact this assembly error can happen at all means the design isn’t perfect. I’m handling this whole area differently in the next iteration of the Matrix truck (still a ways off). In the meantime, centered washers should give you the precision you’re expecting. Try it and let me know what you find.

23 Likes

Thank you very much for this hint Joel. To be honest I was a bit skepitical but tried it right now aaaaaaand it works, I can’t believe it :rofl: :ok_hand::+1::+1::+1:. @Andy87 maybe this also explains your loose washer. I’m gonna order the Pro bushings anyway (when the’re back in stock) as the angle is more straight at the hanger but that’s only because I try to have it perfect but your described method works fine! Also without your help I wouldn’t know about the 3mm flange Pro bushings.

That’s normal because they are mounted to the hanger but it could be that it looks strange because the hanger is upside down in the video. Or do you mean the play? There was also a gap which can be closed by tightening the bolts for the bushings, no problem. Also the size can vary a bit.

I have to migrate the dirt machine thread to this forum but for now I post the following here:

I had to drill holes into the baseplate to be able to mount the trucks on my Trampa deck (previous model). Bolted a Trampa baseplate to the Matrix II.

I used a brass tube (OD=6mm ID=5mm) plus a 5mm wood drill bit and a hammer to make a small center hole first. The aluminium is on the soft side so that worked almost too good.

2mm pre-drilled, then 3,5mm

For the 5mm hole I put the brass tube on the drill bit to center it inside the 6mm hole of the Trampa baseplate. One pre-drilled hole was off center but with this method I forced the final hole to the center.

Then final 5,5mm holes and it was done.

During taking pics I realized how shiny this surface is and how difficult not be visible. Ok here some oil-slick selfies :joy:

After having this unexpected fun with the trucks it was time to mount.

Before

After

23 Likes

:rofl: You made my day with those selfies

10 Likes

Time for an update, unfortunately it was not possible to ride at dirt park the last weeks because of wet and muddy conditions. I’m afraid that won’t change the next weeks.

So I had 3 sessions at skate park and made some progress especially with clearing the coping of the smaller ramps in different ways. Then it was time to ride in the halfpipe.

As you can see it was quite wet but rideable. What I noticed is that when touching or sliding the coping with the deck it feels a bit unstable because of the concave. Sometimes I almost lose balance which never happened with the flat Trampa deck.

Then I did many 180’s trying to slightly increase height and also some rolling 180’s with the rear wheels on the ground.

At the end I did a lazy rotation with 100° only and started to slide down the ramp with the wet wheels, suddenly the board slipped away and my head knocked hard on the halfpipe. Thanks to helmet nothing happened but I was shocked how fast I went down, I couldn’t do anything, not even move my arms.

The last session was painful. I increased the height in the halfpipe further. My main fear was always to land on the coping which is very bad so in theory you just have to pull the board enough to land on the transition. I was confident and jumping higher and higher, on the highest jump I landed on the coping which lead to a crazy fall to the flat area, damn that was embarrassing in front of scooter kids with their parents, that hurt more than the pain from impact.

Then I did some 180’s during riding on grass just to get a better feeling for the stiff deck. Then I had the glorious idea to do that on concrete as well and failed. Since 3 days I can barely move my right arm and hope it’s getting better within the next days but I don’t see me riding the next 2-4 weeks :cry:

14 Likes

Hope you get better soon!

How is the reaction of the people at the skatepark in general? I always feel a bit uncomfortable in public areas because everybody is looking and I don’t know if they hate me or if they think it’s cool :joy:

6 Likes

It really does put pressure on you lol.

Went to the skate park and had like 5 scooter kids following me around. Wasn’t ideal and I had no room so I just left.

5 Likes

Quite positive so far, especially the kids are very interested. But of course all eyes are on you when you enter a skate park :joy: but after 1-2 minutes they got used to it. Best is a skate park without people, usually I don’t ride when there are too much people, too dangerous and annoying for everyone.

I got used to the looking people and comments everywhere I ride. I would say it doesn’t matter what other people think as long as you have fun :ok_hand: .

In general I would say there is 80-90% positive feedback. Last time a very old couple came when I rode in the halfpipe and I thought they’ll yell at me. They were very friendly and wanted to know how this board works. Once an old lady came yelling I destroy all the grass around the skate park :sweat_smile:.

yeah that’s not good :joy:

Once I was riding at BMX track when suddenly about 40-50 kids entered with 2 teachers playing football, frisbee and so on on the track. WTF this is no playgound. I was slowly riding the track and told all kids to watch out and hide the track. Maybe I was too friendly because they didn’t listen and the teachers didn’t care. Some of the kids were running in front and back of me, others had fun to block the track and jump away in the last moment. After some rounds I gave up and left the track, the kids won.

6 Likes

When and where can I get those etoxx wheels?

3 Likes

you need to message @NoWind :wink:

2 Likes

PM sent, thank you @PixelatedPolyeurthan

1 Like

Had the same issue - pure quality production. :frowning:

2 Likes

BMS Simultaneous or Split

I took a long break to let my shoulder heal, 2 weeks ago I had the first ride after a while. It was a bit wet in dirt park but still funny. Changed to red shockblocks for better stability but miss the carvy orange ones. Good thing is that it is very easy and quick to swap them whenever I want.

Due to corona virus life is different now. They locked all playgrounds or sports venues. Most people and kids must stay at home, I keep working and commute with esk8. At work they check temperature before entering the area and I’m not allowed to use public transport.

So today I wanted to have sume fun and go jumping despite curfew but it was not that easy.

It was my first ride with this board on BMX track and I was surprised how high I can jump compared to my heavy Trampa, next time I want to record some footage. The range of the 12s 5Ah Lipo is so ridicolous short that I think about an upgrade or second battery. 90% of my rides end with a walk of shame back home.

Discharge/charge same port

10 Likes

Any tips on 180° on a quarter pipe? I comically tried and failed a few times at the indoor bike park :sweat_smile:

Also, how hard/easy is it to not use the heel straps while they’re on your board? I really want them for jumping but not so much for general cruising.

5 Likes

Hey Rich

Glad to hear you healed up. The difference from the trampa deck is quite profound isn’t it? As soon as I switched to the bro I can no longer go back to the holy pro for jumping and stuff. I will turn the trampa into a 4WD now and ride the bro for the light one

4 Likes