JUMPINATOR II | MBS DW II | E-TOXX | lightweight MTB

:point_down:

But they feel a bit different. When you look at the position of the holes for the bindings you can see that on the MBS deck they are closer to the edges and therefore the position of the toestrap is different.

4 Likes

Might be down to having less control on the Trampa due to the foot strap mounting holes being closer to center.

2 Likes

In my opinion the Trampa position is the better one because you can lock better into it if it’s more to the center

2 Likes

I don’t know what are you complainig about. All is fine.:innocent:

6 Likes

Fine, let’s swap trucks, you send me yours and you’ll get mine plus free chocolate. Here a teaser with tightened kingpin. Deal?

16 Likes

That got a little erotic towards the end

10 Likes

I never tightened them.(Kingpinbolt):grin:

5 Likes

Is this a yes plus the 10€ on the table?

I need them myself.:innocent:
Wheel bearings are coming.
@Skunk Now you know my speaking abillitys.:grin:

2 Likes

Not the accent or voice I was expecting. Lol
Not sure what I was expecting though.

4 Likes

like no german accent? or just a little?

1 Like

Possibly a stupid question but is that the kingpin that came with those trucks?

1 Like

Yes I didn’t change anything.

The metal kingpin shouldn’t wiggle vertically that much.

I can see the gap you’re talking about and how it would affect rotating the hanger but that’s a lot of jiggle in the baseplate direction.

I recall you saying the flanged “bushings” (even though they feel nylon I’m calling them that) weren’t long enough. Is the diameter on those ok though?

It looks like your shock blocks are coming off the baseplate when you hand jiggle the hanger. Are they tightened down at all?

2 Likes

That’s not acceptable.
If there is no way to get it fixed with washers I would send them back.
Unfortunately you never know with mbs manufacturing tolerances.
I as well sent back my first set of Matrix2‘s as they had one fucked thread and the shaft was a different length.
Still with the second set the washers on the kingpin are lose, doesn’t matter how much I tighten them down.

2 Likes

No, I know the whole german climbing team and no, that is not a german accent lol.
It almost sounds like an Asian (no offence, just stereotyping) accent.
You also have a British accent, like when you said Shity :rofl:
you should here my french-australian accent… i sound like dork :laughing:

2 Likes

Thank you for these kind words. :blush:
I think it’s more british, I think.( props for my grammar :dizzy_face:)
Thank Doctor Who for that accent. (Meet me in Paris)
Anyways, @rich I checked my other truck and it is also not loose, so you got a bad truck.

2 Likes

No both trucks are like this :cry:

My first thought was :point_down:

Then I thought if both trucks have this then probably the whole batch is like this and I would get similar replacements.

It wiggled on the other truck the same but after adding 2x0,5mm washers the movement was gone. Now I gonna add washers to this truck as well and see if the problem is solved. If yes I would need the Matrix Pro bushings with 3mm flange as @MBS mentioned. They are out of stock in EU right now.

I had the same on Trampa trucks, I bet it’s because you already reached the end of the thread. Add a smaller washer between the big washer and the nut and you can tighten it more :ok_hand:.

2 Likes

I did that already. Probably will need to add one more thou :pensive:

2 Likes

I did it and here is the result

7 Likes