FluxMotion.eu - website launch

MBS matrix2ā€¦no matter how much i tighten the kingpin, thereā€™s a slop between the hanger and top truck. Is there a fix for that? I can definitely feel it while riding.

Some fit better than others, it seems. Iā€™ve seen ppl use spacers to remove slop, there is also the 3DS precision baseplate or e-toxx adj if you just want to replace/upgrade. The fit on my pair is p good. I had my front truck loosen up after a few hundred miles, but some blue loctite and it hasnā€™t moved since.

I put loctite to stop the nut from coming loose but the slop is quite annoying and it also clicks when carving.

lol yea i did order the eco at last nightā€¦but thatā€™s going to take awhile to get here.

Make sure to use mbs adjust screws for the shock blocks.

The ones 3Dservisas ship the drives with are garbage :metal:t3:

3 Likes

Yes. thereā€™s a very important trick.

Make sure that the 8mm ID washer is getting around the kingpin and not binding up on the shoulder where it drops to 6mm threaded portion.

tried but couldnā€™t find the picture @MBS posted describing this.

2 Likes

:blush:

3 Likes

Letā€™s hope these ones donā€™t try to kill me
Thanks for the hookup @Skyart :+1:t3:

11 Likes

To cobā€¦ Or not to cob? Such a small foot print on the case I couldve gotten 2 side by side for some crazy underglow outputā€¦ Need to test and see how much the drawā€¦

But if u had to.pick 3.outta the 4 colors which would u?

4 Likes

35 Likes

@longhairedboy
Dude super sick on that deck OMG

3 Likes

found a guy in orlando that does all these crazy hyrdodip / polyurethane finishes.

Heā€™s about to get a fuckload of decks in his shop lmao

9 Likes

Please elaborate. I just put a set like that together this afternoon.

3 Likes

He wouldnā€™t happen to also do fiberglassing reinforcement would he?

2 Likes

he does a bit of body work. Not sure if he does fiberglasssing work.

but when he told me he can do blue/purple and yellow/green iridescence i about fell over. Then he showed me a chrome/red tint combo that made me shit myself. And the skulls. omg the skulls.

Iā€™ll stop talking now.

6 Likes

Yeah. Stem is too short and fitment isnā€™t all that great.
In my case I had to enlarge the Hole in the aluminum plate of the shock block. Also longer stem gives me peace of mind
Longer stem actually helps hold the shock block in place as it inbeds in the urethane rather than just the aluminum plate :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Oh yeah. Only reason I say what I say is cuz Iā€™ve had one ā€œa singleā€ faulty shock block where the aluminum plate became undone from the urethane block. Now. The only thing that kept everything in place while riding was the long stem on the adjust screw
I donā€™t wanna think about what couldā€™ve been if the stem in that screw was too short :grimacing:

1 Like

You would have lost a bushing like jake and i watched happen on a lacroix.

2 Likes

Yup. Probably not a pretty picture :grimacing:
With that said. $1.95 x4 plus shipping
Totally worth it if you ask me :rofl:

Again. Iā€™m not claiming they donā€™t work. All Iā€™m saying is fitment between the short stem and block seat is shit
Honest opinion haha

3 Likes

This is esk8.news. We chase down and flaunt the honest opinions.

5 Likes

Makes my skin crawl. I wouldnā€™t let that come near me.

2 Likes