Jedboard-will they actually ever deliver?

Just for talk to them is not mean is. Is many say thing but not actual know. Nobody is knowing but they. Like @BillGordon say. Is just talking now.

3 Likes

Believe what you want. People talk this is a forum

2 Likes

I know…I went there lol. Its not the same mold but its similar. I dont want to share anymore :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Share with moon. he’ll spill the beans lol.

1 Like

But the beans were mine to begin with haha. My beans are in a tightly sealed jar.

3 Likes

The information I was told wasn’t confidential lol

4 Likes

Is not good for other company to talking about they customer with other.

4 Likes

Sorry Jeff, we’re just being silly again.

1 Like

Of course you do

5 Likes

Seems like a fair amount of chatter from people who have little idea of how some of the industry works. I buddy of mine ran a distribution warehouse a few years ago that use to deal with skate and snowboard gear, I remember him telling me about how things like wheel factories work, and this Labeda came up in conversation.

Labeda have always been pretty old skool with the way they run their business, and can be difficult to work with. Like any business they give massive priority to the main brands they supply, and anyone new gets the run around if they want to make anything different from what the stock moulds are. Even if you go with a stock mould, you get slotted into production lines when they feel like it, and tend to change their mind along the way. They will even make samples then make you wait for ages to actually do anything more.

From what I can gather from knowing how they operate and whats being said around forums like this, Labeda will never produce anything until you pay them, so to make assumptions that a brand did not pay bills is dumb, they never do special rates or pay later/over time types of deals. They also make people sign contracts like any other business. Those contracts state that when you pay for a custom mould, different to the house ones, that is yours, and under no circumstances can anyone else use it unless you give them the ok. Labeda can also not use it for their own use.

If you look at those who have tried to make wheels, you can see its very costly, time consuming to make anything other than house mould wheels, thats why there is not a flood of people doing it.

So to those who have commented that the Boa moulds are free for anyone to use, thats stinky BS, if they were, wouldn’t you think we would see them flooding the market by anyone and everyone, as the wheels seem pretty good. Instead we are just seeing people using the house moulds for a similar size, but very different shape, with contact patches equal to a Otang wheel.

14 Likes

enlighten us to where this fact comes from, as it smells funky. But go for it, give them a call or email, and say Hello, I want to use a customers mould you have, and not pay any costs for that use, we cool? … then post your findings here lol sorry, your “facts”

1 Like

alright calm down I can be wrong…

4 Likes

Jk I know nothing :sob:

6 Likes

You are talking about China manufacturing right? China runs on a completely different set of processes operations and principles. Old skool not.

The mold being Boa’s property is true. It is odd however they chose not to “share” the mold and make money with it, rather than just ditching it alltogether. I guess they were afraid of clones of their design. Either way, the way they went about business was shady to say the least. And thats coming from not my mouth but Labedas…

:roll_eyes:

Nope, I clearly stated Labeda (USA) nothing to do with china, but as usual people latch on to something they are told to believe or once heard and think is a ‘fact’ like only USA can make quality wheels, lol quality can come from anywhere and shit always evolves, just look at china and how they constantly take existing products and improve them,

1 Like

any brand would ideally not want to let others use their moulds, like I said it takes huge amounts of cash to create something different, and to them let others use your hard work to make wheels, thats just crazy talk. Like any business, they are in it to make money, not to allow others to make money off their own work, it ain’t a charity.

1 Like

They have a funny way of showing it. Lol

2 Likes

Exactly the point, if it was so easy to call up and order a batch of wheels and get them made in a few days, wouldn’t they do so :wink: easy money right? or maybe its the reason that I mentioned, Labeda are shady themselves, and give customers the run around.

1 Like

Which leads us to the suspicion that following batches were not made by them?

1 Like