Janux-esk8 Aluminum Hubs to fit Direct Drive

$265 is a complete set of 4 hubs. Can be installed as single or dual (quad) DD.

5 Likes

might give it a try but I’m concerned about the kv and the wheel size. from

http://calc.esk8.it/#{"batt-type-lipo":0,"batt-cells":12,"motor-kv":75,"system-efficiency":85,"motor-pulley-teeth":15,"wheel-pulley-teeth":15,"wheel-size":147}|

I get 90km/h Are the parameters wrong or is it a bit overkill ?

1 Like

Wheel pulley parameter is wrong.

shouldn’t that be correct with TBDD’s? 1:1 direct drive ratio

55mph seems right on a 75KV direct drive on 150mm wheels. That’s just theoretical though. You may see 45mph in a full tuck. This higher the speed, the further from truth the theoretical becomes.

2 Likes

Sorry, was thinking belt for some reason.

2 Likes

Wheels shipped today.

1 Like

as soon as I see payment from another customer there will be another two sets ordered. You’ve really started something here.

4 Likes

i can’t … stay off… of this board now.

13 Likes

How’s the torque? I’m afraid that with such a high kV rating, torque using an pneumatic setup might be affected

1 Like

i’m 160 pounds and it launches me quick enough for sure. But i also still have the same settings as i did for urethane. With some jacked up motor amps I can get more and also get better brakes, so i’m going to do some tweaking.

its worth noting that i’m still running the stock 12S3P with FOC ready VESC 4.12s that came with the original RWD Carvon Evos, because that’s what this is… or was.

Also these are beta TB DDs, 75KV with 6355 stators. The newer ones shipping now have larger stators and will deliver even more torque. @torqueboards can fill you in on them better than i could.

7 Likes

Janux Quattro Hub 4.25" to fit 8" tires, Trampa Urban Treads and Gummies

More details can be found here, https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/janux-quattro-4-25-hubs-for-tbdd-or-elofty

Size comparison: 4.25" vs 3.25" hubs :point_down:
4.25" hubs fit 8" tires, Trampa Urban treads and Gummies
3.25" hubs fit 6"x2" and Bergmeister tires

13 Likes

how well do the TBDD perform with 8" tires?

Does… not… compute… My poor brain.

Is the torque similar to carvon v4? Similar to say 2x6354 at 15/36 on 107mm wheels?

Well, if the motors don’t start acting seized right away, then the power is there for sure. They throw down more power than the carvons did in my opinion but it’a a tough comparison for me because I haven’t ridden carvons on a unity yet.

2 Likes

Carvon XL direct drive coming soon :point_down:

4 Likes

Eh are there people still spending money on v4 xl drives?

I don’t recall anyone ever praising their xl drives. Just complaints of not receiving them.

3 Likes

TBDD and Carvon XL slip fit hubs

10 Likes

Is your TBDD and eLofty hub exactly the same product?
Are the core holes of these two hubs slightly different?

3 Likes

@Janux-esk8, any chance you could make something like this out of POM?

1 Like