Janux-esk8 Aluminum Hubs to fit Direct Drive

Sending them out for anodizing tomorrow, hopefully shipping by end of week. Metal finisher Co. was backed up due to holiday.

1 Like

oh shit… we’re on the cusp… of Tire Gate!

@mmaner i think its time to rent the black van again and “ask” Haggy some questions!

4 Likes

I’ll drive! @haggyboard.timo we are on the way! :slight_smile:

1 Like

the plot thickens!

34%20PM

5 Likes

giphy

1 Like

These screen shots are both from the same page:

In the spec list… itsays INFLATED diameter is 150mm
58%20PM

but on the tire in the image…
19%20PM

Maybe what’s printed on the side of the tire is uninflated size? or the tube size? or just a reference size for rim and tube selection and not actual size?

Tire Gate continues unabated!

This is exactly the kind of very not-important non-story that will affect nobody’s decision which esk8.news should be uncovering between naps.

12 Likes

I wish we had taglines :slight_smile:

1 Like

More than 45mm wide!? Blasphemous!!

46mm…she’s a thicc one

3 Likes

I inlate at 29psi only,… I’m sure I don’t have the same as you either ^^

this is an outrage!

Its almost like… wait for it… the tire expands when filled with air.

So now i’ve begun development on a premium air that won’t expand with pressure so that your measurements will remain accurate.

I’m hoping to keep the price of the premium air below $97 per psi.

9 Likes

I think we should use CNCed solid ‘tubes’ inside the tires, they will have infinite life span and never pop or change shape!

3 Likes

4 Likes

And the plot thickens even more!

Do you have raw in stock? When are you shipping those?

Does this mean we need bluetooth tire pressure sensors that report back to metr so that the tire size can be calculated and the speedometer remain correct? I think it does!

or i could keep a micrometer in my backpack.

5 Likes

Let me know when the black van arrives…I got beer n whiskey.

Tire diameter and width depends on tire pressure. If you use premium air…more expansion.

The print on the tire is somewhat misleading I admit. Fully pumped, the tire is anywhere between 147 and 150mm. Tire width between 45 and 47mm.

@Janux-esk8 Marc : well done. Sexy wheels indeed and beautiful color. Well done!

10 Likes

LOL, thats my boy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

you have to at least pretend you’re being abducted by hooligans and that this isn’t just a ruse to get you to come out drinking with us!

no way man! my Air-VIP premium air doesn’t expand with pressure! and its only $97 per psi! launching the no-delivery-ever kickstarter tomorrow.

btw… i LOOOOOOVE these wheels and tires. been doing all kinds of terrible things on my board recently and they’re holding up great.

3 Likes

You naughty naughty boy!

2 Likes

on the website, do I need to buy 1 or 2 for right + left of my direct drive?

it is $265 for both sets?
Or $265 x 2?
Thanks