Janux-esk8 Aluminum Hubs to fit Direct Drive

Taiwan haha thanks bro

Have you checked out Haggyboard gear in Taiwan, brother?

2 Likes

I have haggyboard hub and boosted mini.
I try to find some hub with kegel core that can fit boosted mini

2 Likes

just 3d print an adapter

1 Like

Hey @Janux-esk8
Is this product still orderable?

He has fast turnaround times for regular parts listed on his site. I got away with a 48 hr request to part in person, but I’m a local kid.

7 Likes

Yes, available in “Fiery Red” and “Picatinny Black”, ship within 2 days.

6 Likes

Fyi, the TB DD hubs fit the new/current style Elofty adapter

4 Likes

Why would you want to put the elofty adapter on the TB DD? Probably I missed something, I don’t get it …

1 Like

I meant the TB DD version of the Janux hubs of course :wink:
Those also fit the new style eLoftys with Kegel adapter. As you might notice, Janux sells TB, eLofty and Carvon versions.

3 Likes

Got you, I think: the Janux hubs for TB DD also fit the elofty DD, correct?

On a side note, I actually had to find out recently that out of the box only the Janux Quattro (https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/janux-quattro-torqueboard-direct-drive-hubs) but not the Janux Quattro 4.25’’ (see https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/janux-quattro-4-25-hubs-for-tbdd-or-elofty) fitted my TB DD adapter.

Using a 5.8 mm drill bit I should be able to fix that, however, I haven’t tried yet. Any body else had similar experiences?

1 Like

Janux Quattro hubs holes were machined after anodizing.

Quattro 4.25" hubs were completely machined (including mounting holes) then sent for anodizing. This created a layer of anodizing dye on the surface hence making the holes smaller. Can easily be remedied using a 5.8mm drill bit to scrape off deposited dye layer.

2 Likes

Yep, sounds like an easy fix. Will try soon. Thanks for explaining. However, perhaps you may want to consider following the same procedure for the Janux Quattro 4.25’’ as for Janux Quattro in order to avoid the drilling part for your fellow eskaters in the future, i.e. first anodizing then machining.

2 Likes

Absolutely! Did not realized it how much the anodizing dye layer could deposit such a thick coating on the parts.

4 Likes

Just fixed it using a 5.8 mm drill bit - fairly quick and easy.

3 Likes

Thanks @Arzamenable! I have been looking all over to see if evolve tires will fit these hubs. They look great! Out of curiosity, have you tried the 6" evolve tires with them? How do the 7" run? Are you using eLofty or TB?

@love2scoot
Evolve tires do not fit these hubs. The inside diameter is greatly different.

Don’t have a set of 6" evolve tires to confirm their fit, maybe my larger size hub? https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/janux-quattro-4-25-hubs-for-tbdd-or-elofty

:thinking: I had interpreted his photo above (with the Evolve tires) as mounted on the smaller Janux hubs. Looking again, it may be he has them mounted on the 4.25" wheels. @Janux-esk8 does that seem to be what’s in the picture?