IWonder Pulley for HUB motors

Ridden about 5 miles. As far as actual turning and such, I find it’s surprisingly not too impacted by the larger wheelbase on the rear trucks. Turn radius, as well as turning at lower speeds, are impacted negatively however. Ride is evidently vastly improved coming from the 97mm sleeves.

Overall, I quite enjoy them and feel they are useful in certain applications apart from their obvious sketchiness. Not sure if I can ever feel comfortable riding on a wheel supported only by screws which previously held the motor cap on… My brother and I are quite light, which must help, however I can’t see heavier riders utilizing this.

4 Likes

You should push them and break them, for people’s sake :wink:

4 Likes

Good thing is like someone mentioned before if they break off they just hop right back onto the stock sleeves

1 Like

Which are not holding because bolts that hold the adapters also hold the stock sleeves…! :fearful:

3 Likes

Yep.

That looks just as ridiculous as I thought it would :joy:

1 Like

Damn, I’m like the hub guy, if you need serious testing :smiley:

1 Like

Why did you not leave the original front wheels in place like you have done in the back to have the same length in the front and back?

I plan on testing with a Backfire Mini soon too.

Did you test?

Now wait a second … (i) how do I get the front cloud wheels on on top of the street wheels or (ii) am I supposed to ride like that or (iii) do I have to remove the street wheels in the front and replace them with the icloud wheels, or (iv) do I have get a wider axle for the front first?? Help @Hide !

1 Like

Okay, I am getting it (may be) … the thing is actually supposed to be like that; I guess I should have read more carefully above

3 Likes

Regardless if this idea works or not it looks absolutely ridiculous lmao

7 Likes

Just recharging now … will go check. Don’t care about looks, but how this setup will get me (illegally) to work. Road is mostly not good, a lot of bumps. Non-asphalte trails and bridges to cross.

2 Likes

Where’d you end up buying the cloudwheels from?

1 Like

Bought them from here > https://www.icloudwheel.com/collections/diy-accessories/products/wheel-pulley-kits-for-cloudwheel-discovery-version

Delivery was suprisingly quick. Less than a week, I think.

2 Likes

congratulations, your board now looks like dick and balls

6 Likes

you could throw a single @Boardnamics 220/270 hanger on the front hahah.

That narrower front hanger… totally a high speed downhill setup.

4 Likes

Just went for a night ride … it may look absolutely ridiculous, but I am fucking impressed! For my mixed terrain riding this is a huge improvement!

Overall, the board is heavier now, I would guess something like 8 kg up from 6 kg, but it is totally worth it in my case.

I get a little wheel bite on tight turns in the front and I will have to add additional risers, but overall this is it!! Ah yes, and brakes are less strong downhill, but still okay (my weight is around 100 kg), Uphill performance top!

For mixed terrain, much much better than the original setup that the Backfire Mini comes with.

3 Likes

Why? Because the M4 screws that fix the adapter to the hub motors will brake?

3 Likes

That’s the concern - and it makes sense to be concerned about haha

1 Like

I will ride it for a couple of months and report back … I hope I can :crazy_face:

2 Likes