šŸ¤£šŸ‘ ITS OFFICIAL. ESK8NEWS is BANNED

Soā€¦@moon is trying to get me banned :joy:

Either he hates me or he loves me too much :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Also when you Google electric skateboard, enertion site comes up first before esk8 news.
So new prime find it first. We try to push them over here.

2 Likes

I wonder how much their website name plays in to that though.

They also own the redirect esk8.builders.

So both ā€œelectric skateboardā€ & ā€œEsk8ā€ point to them unfortunately.

2 Likes

Fixed that for ya :kiss:

2 Likes

The Google algorithm is complicated as hell now but I believe they still largely go on page rank and how many ā€œknown goodā€ sites (ones with history and page rank of their own) link back here.

Any vendors that have a stake here might be good to link back to this site ā€œrising tide raises all boatsā€ and all. Could be a community support link with some disclaimer about us being a bunch of assholes use at your own risk YMMV, CYA, IANAL

6 Likes

Where are you getting this data? Here it is straight from our admin dashboard:

Iā€™ll bet it is.

Thatā€™s why they wouldnā€™t let me run giant ads for this forum there!

well that about describes me. Iā€™m already selling just your posts for $1000ā€™s so keep writing that gold.

well for startersā€¦ i began to think you were dead. And as i was thinking about you, i remembered all those pintails you had stacked up against the wall in one photo you took, a bunch of old school lipo builds from years backā€¦ so basically i had a whole funeral service in my head for you and youā€™re not even dead. The nerve.

Much like encyclopedias.

jason argued with me for about 5 minutes once about how ā€œesk8ā€ would never be a term and that i shouldnā€™t bother registering domains related to that term or use it heavy in marketing that wasnā€™t relying on urban slang and corrolated demographics (basically skaters, i mean wtf)

do you think it would be a dick move to redirect focbox.com to here? oh waitā€¦

33 Likes

17 Likes

He used similarweb for the data, I believe.

3 Likes

YES! I always think about this picture for some reason. I even built one just like these for quickly testing things, full velco on the bottom of a brad edwards gravity 40"

2 Likes

ROFL, that is epic :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I guess I kinda was dead. to esk8 at least.
I felt as if I had given all I had to give to this community,
and then I bought a toy gunā€¦ and all of a sudden Iā€™m in this totally different community who needed me even more.
then someone gave me a broken evolve and Iā€™m here.

11 Likes

welcome home. We missed you.

8 Likes

Ya lets stop giving them their traffic. 34% of it is usā€¦

15 Likes

Iā€™ve never been much of a participator, and this sad, sad game is about as interesting as the stilt race at my 4 year old birthday party, which i spent, by the way, mostly crying because i didnā€™t get Skeletorā€™s rip cable powered battle car.

I will not be stripping our forum of links to ā€œthe old siteā€ because 1) iā€™m not a vengeful man child (just a playful man child) and 2) people can go there and witness the bloated corpse themselves.

The game iā€™m referring to of course is the war jason threatened me with, which i have to assume this is all part of.

13 Likes

what war? did he censor that aswell?

2 Likes

So is that showing that traffic from forum.esk8.news is down 43% since the last poll? And up 153% from thingiverse?
s.

before i left the old place for good, not long after i started this one, he found it, found our joking about him, and threatened me with a war in a PM on that forum. A very longwinded and highly hyperbolic post, it was.

6 Likes

@longhairedboy Time to post it
Iā€™m getting the popcorn ready

5 Likes

i canā€™t. I donā€™t have access to it.

1 Like

@Agressivstreetlamp
IDK exactly what the up and down is from, all i know is they get 34% of their traffic from us compared to 43% in previous web scan. Not too sure about the thingiverse or why some are green up and some are red down arrows but you can check it out for yourself here, https://www.similarweb.com/website/electric-skateboard.builders

Its a lot of interesting data but the specific thing i screenshotted is almost the very bottom thing it displays

2 Likes