ISO Battery Builders for OneWheel XR specifically

Do you have a pic from the bms connector?
I’ve never seen a dual row connector quite like that

2 Likes

Let me see if I can find one

1 Like

@Lunartic i fucking found it. I have good and bad news which ones you want first?

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Always dessert first

The good news is it’s called a JST ZND
The bad news is that it’s so freaking niche that I couldn’t find a single retail version for sale

4 Likes

I might know someone who has a certain set of skills

1 Like

Yeah might just tell my buddy we are taking this one off his current battery so we can get this project moving unless anyone has a source on a 26pin JST ZND connector :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Atleast now the search is rendered slightly easier :joy:

1 Like

You are awesome! I hope one day to return the favor!

I’m just intensely good with research :wink:
Must’ve helped to have a catalog of connectors :rofl:

1 Like

So close… I believe its a Jst ZPDR 26pin😁

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/jst-sales-america-inc/ZPDR-26V-S/455-2536-ND/2472569

Finding a prewired harness is the tough part!

1 Like

Quite possible, both are very close in specs and dimensions

Thinking about getting the Chibattery CBXR battery. Cannot find any reviews anywhere. Anyone have any experience with the battery?

Crazy idea for the battery 26 pin. What about leaving it plugged into the OW and then just getting an easy to find 26 pin connector and putting that in series with the battery? Hope that makes sense.

@Chibatterysystems Bara, give the man some reviews :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyone try one of these?

Discussion on Reddit. Includes a $30 off code

2 Likes

For anyone else’s use. I’m not planning on getting into the one wheel battery game, so I haven’t verified this myself, but this reddit link is probably going to be useful to someone around here. Battery Schematics

2 Likes

I still would recommend ordering from @Chibatterysystems. He’s been building packs for years, has hundreds of reviews, and is pretty active on both facebook and this forum for any questions and concerns. And even if he’s hired employees to build packs, I’d trust them over someone relatively new on reddit but that’s just my opinion

But if you waaaaant. You can nicely ask @ZachTetra, @Skyart, or @BenjaminF if they’re willing to tackle a onewheel battery :wink:

3 Likes

I’m always up for a build, though I tend to agree with Jujo that going with someone who has experience building the specific pack you are looking for like Chi does might be the better option. If you want though, feel free to PM me and I can give you a quote :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same boat as MrMobster, if you wanna give me some specs and dimensions I’d be happy to give it a whirl, but I have no idea what goes into a OneWheel battery so it’s a bit of a risk

It looks like its just a 15s3p 18650?

1 Like

Yea 15s3p 18650. I forgot what cell they use but I’m sure it’s one of the higher capacity LG ones. If you want, I can send you my stock pack and battery compartment if you’re interested in branching out to onewheel battery mods, but it will be a little bit more work than the usual packs we build. Also polarity is reversed on the XT60 so just double check :sweat_smile:

1 Like