Is there currently any quality DIY complete kits available

I’m looking at spending about a £1000 (UK pounds) on a board and like the speck of the bkb kit on paper (not seen one in the flesh) but don’t like the short deck . I like the look of the Trampa board with battery under deck but it’s just out of my price range . So wondered if there’s any other diy/kits that are good and are of a similar plug n play nature .
I have thought about just changing the BKB deck the the enclosure and batt are designed for that board .
Any info would be great :call_me_hand:

1 Like

You have metro board who make a great build

@trampa is awesome but at the higher end however if you look in his clearance corner sometimes he has a cheaper build up for sale

Currently @PixelatedPolyeurthan is selling a upgraded evolve cgt which could be a great starter board and an easy upgrade when you want to get a little bit more out of it

You also have a couple other people including @atenner who is selling an awesome trampa build but a bit above your budget

2 Likes

@BuildKitBoards (Jared) is pretty nice, and might be willing to let go of a kit minus the deck if you asked. Can’t hurt to try :man_shrugging:t2:

The only other issue would be getting a deck with a similar shape/concavity so the enclosure will make a nice seal. Off the top of my head some more popular options would be: landyachtz Evo (38 or 40), or even a stiff MTB-esque deck if you’re interested in that shape :man_shrugging:t2:. Although I can’t think of more off the dome, they certainly exist.

Let us know if you need help with anything else

4 Likes

We make kit after available. Is have

NeoHUB
NeoBOX
Neo pcb for battery
NeoONE deck

11 Likes

Do neobox testers get first dibs on the second neohub batch? (人 °ᴗ°)

3 Likes

Second batch have more motor we making. But for tester we can make first getting for second batch.

7 Likes

Even if he isnt you can probably get his kit, a deck that you like, and an enclosure for said deck, and still be within your budget. Especially if you sell the deck and enclosure from the BKB kit, as those are pretty popular around here. I believe that @BigBen is also in the UK, and I hear that he makes one heck of a custum enclosure.

If you want to go the custom enclosure route, I would suggest that you find out what enclosures are available for which decks, and then decide from those decks. Otherwise you would be paying someone to make a fully custom enclosure for your deck, which I would imagine would cost more.

3 Likes

Any links on the kits / pics etc
Cheers

1 Like

I can sell the kit without the deck. The enclosure fits most other decks (haven’t had a customer say it dosnt). In the most recent review on the site a guy put it on a landyatchz Evo falcon

10 Likes

If you end up going for the Evo I have an enclosure for that deck for sale.

4 Likes

electricboardsolutions sells kits too. Based in BE

2 Likes

Cheers guys , Ref style of deck I’m after . Really I would like a wood/bamboo deck like the evolve gtr shape ,I’m not that fussed on carbon boards but did like the trampa Orrsom board . But can’t afford it complete . Maybe as a deck,trucks, motors and mounts etc less the battery ,vesc , remote and charger . But then could I still make that into a good board ?
Finally ref the landyachtz evo board with Jared’s enclosure . I’ve seen it done and don’t like the fit . The rear end tapers and the enclosure looks awkward IMO .
I’ll price up a trampa Orrsom without electrics but just motors tonight but I think it will still be to high .
But that sort of style is what I like .

Can see photo of our deck and part on this forum if searching.

This could be a good start and then an easy upgrade when you have the funds

As in all you need to have a beast board is another VESC and motor mount+motor

Or @PixelatedPolyeurthan is selling this
WTS | EU | Custom Evolve CGT - Must Go -
all you need to do is get a VESC and you got a sweet build

3 Likes

What kind of board are you after

2 Likes

for the kit of electr board sol (@EboardSolutions ), you are to source your own deck (if you go for the street kit. Dont take the deck, it was a bit limiting wheel wise. Street kit eh, not talking about his offroad kit as I have no exp with it. Looks good when he joins us during Karting sessions), so you are free of choice here (look at MarkOneBoards (@MarkOneBoards ) his deck deals. He has good euro prices for almost all decks. Or use his own designed Manta :wink: :wink: )

5 Likes

i would also recommend electricboardsolutions.com

frederic is very friendly/competent and helps with repairs etc… you get a lot of value from purchasing there

4 Likes

Cheers guys , Ref style of deck I’m after . Really I would like a wood/bamboo deck like the evolve gtr shape ,I’m not that fussed on carbon boards but did like the trampa Orrsom board . But can’t afford it complete . Maybe as a deck,trucks, motors and mounts etc less the battery ,vesc , remote and charger . But then could I still make that into a good board ?
Finally ref the landyachtz evo board with Jared’s enclosure . I’ve seen it done and don’t like the fit . The rear end tapers and the enclosure looks awkward IMO .
I’ll price up a trampa Orrsom without electrics but just motors tonight but I think it will still be to high .
But that sort of style is what I like .

1 Like

trampa orsom? Isnt that flat flat flat?
Mehhh… :smiley:

1 Like

What kind of wheels?