Is there currently any quality DIY complete kits available

About as flat as plank from Ed Ed and Eddy

OP, if you can’t do the battery under the board like you want to, why not settle for the deck, motors, drivetrain and wheels you want, and use a topmount meepo ER battery + Lingyi BELT ESC

The battery and ESC are decent for the money and it’s likely that you’ll end up spending 2k pounds on a specced out trampa

Or you could do the smart thing and buy a meepo, discover what about it you enjoy and dislike, and then use that as a 500ish dollar stepping stone to greatness.

I’ve built 3 boards, finishing my 4th, and I finally think I’ve got exactly what I want nailed down. I’m easily 5000usd into the hobby, and until that board is done I’ve got nothing to show for it. :man_shrugging:t2:

Just make sure you don’t spend hella money on something you won’t like in a week is all I’m saying

5 Likes

@Fozworth69 try this, the Ownboard W2 kit (no deck)…pick up any deck you want as long as it is wide enough for the enclosures and you can just bolt it down

You may want to buy a long lead you can tape down between the enclosures to connect the battery and ESC

2 Likes

And what I think is what you want, a bottle nose symmetrical bamboo deck, 91cm

https://www.longboardsuk.com/indy-36-double-kick-drop-through-bamboo-blank-deck.html

Surely he wants a bit of quality lol

3 Likes

You can buy a Blem 42inch vanguard straight from loaded in the states for 150ish (I think? Going off memory), I doubt the price is that different in the UK, not taking V(ast)A(ss)T(earing) into account.

Loaded makes that quality shit :ok_hand::ok_hand:

I don’t really get the whole DIY “kit” thing.
Part of the fun of DIY is picking all the parts that suit your needs and budget best.
The bkb kit is the only complete kit would consider buying honestly.

3 Likes

Right guys ,I best put you in the pic a bit . So I’m 49 years old Sk8’d regular boards consistently since I was like 4 and the last 20 years mainly carvey cruiser boards with mostly wood/bamboo decks some drop through some not oh and my fav board being a retro LibTech . About 4 years ago I bought a pretty basic eboard after having a go on a mates then purchased a Chinese job but want fussed then bought a Evolve bamboo gtx which I liked apart from the signal drop and sag but otherwise great fun . I’ve just bought s Bustin Sportster V2 x as it seemed a good package (good sales push anyway) but was gutted with the performance so have returned it . I’ve got a Boosted stealth to tie me over Which is what is smooth and gets me about but it’s not really me .
So I’m after a similar look and style to my old gtx but faster ,more reliable and individual .
Hence I thought this Groupe would be a great place . However I’m not wanting to spend hours and hours and mega buck on a build as I’ve got to many other projects plus wife n kids to consider .
I saw Trampa Orrsom and thought wow but the price is way over £1000
And so I was considering the BKB kit but for reasons above still not sure .:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

We got some parts on www.esk8supply.shop. The taxes for the UK are prepaid if that’s a concern.
You can play with Samsung 30Q packs (10s4p/12s3p) and we got shit loads of wheel choices.
Not sure if you like double kingpin trucks or not, but you can do a more powerful evolve style belt drive or direct drive build with us. Send me a Dm if you need help, but be quick because it’s chinese new years next week. :sweat_smile:
@BigBen has some sick deck/ enclosure combos in the UK :+1:

Getting ‘what you want’, against ‘what is available’ is never cheap, especially in a small hobby where pieces are often made by hand. It’s an unfortunate fact, so I reccomend if you’re so bent on the Orissom to save up :man_shrugging:t2:

No one has a magically cheap custom

2 Likes

It doesn’t have to be a Orrsom I just thought I looked quite well built and a step up .

1 Like

Have you taken a look at a hummie deck?

I think that @ZachTetra s post lines up with all of your wants.

Semi flexable deck

Decent battery as long as you get the ER battery (The Samsung 40t cell’d battery)

Fairly good motor/drivetrain

The only things I would upgrade to make it ‘truly robust’ are the ESC - I would shoot for a Focbox Unity for ease of setup, dual Focboxes for cheap reliability, the dual 100a ‘pro’ ESC by @Esk8supply for simplicity, or the big daddy VESC6 MKIII by Trampa for ultimate reliability - and the wheels. There are many good sizes and urethane formulas, so that boils down to preference. Just know generic Chinese clone wheels are trash.

Beyond this we’ve already brought up 99% of the cheaper options(and some of the expensive ones as well) … I don’t want to appear rude, but it’s really all in your court now. :man_shrugging:t2::+1:

The W2 kit only has the 10s3p 30Q and the new Hobbywing potted ESC, enclosures are made to fit the exact components. For a first board I’d imagine it’s pretty decent, those motors won’t pull enough current to justify a bigger ESC or battery without getting ready hot.

I’d definitely look into new wheels, they include ABEC and Kegel adapters so any cored wheel is good. There are nicer decks out there, as long as it’s 9" or wider it’ll be fine (the enclosure should flex enough to account for concave, I’d stay aways from flat planks though)

1 Like

Not yet ,I’ll do some research on all your replies tonight

Do you still have your old evolve GTX?
If so just use it as a base for upgrades

1 Like

go for the BKB, dude!

3 Likes

Yeh that’s a nice deck for sure and would tick the box .I wonder if Jared’s BKB kit would fit on that board and work well .His enclosure looks like it might be a tad deep for a drop through but hard to tell .

No I sold it to fund my other expensive hobby classic VW aircooled buses .That helped pay for a modified gearbox :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, it will fit. You will need to drill 8 holes through the deck and counter sink the top for the screws, no other mods necessary if you are okay with the enclosure sitting to the rear of the deck

Due to the design of the BKB kit you will have to top mount the deck with the included risers, you can pick up a deck protector to cover the hole

1 Like

Just gonna throw my own hat in the ring. I sell parts at nexusboards.co.uk and can also build a complete for you if you’d like

1 Like