Is DIY right for you?

What are your vesc settings?

3 Likes

You gonna actually participate in this forum or just keep dropping your youtube channel promos?

Is DIY esk8 right for you?

8 Likes

Thanks you for just a great info

1 Like

it is useful for me.

2 Likes

Damn didnt realize someone replied! We adjusted the settings and now shes running well! Thanks for replying! Never knew how technical this stuff is!

1 Like

noob question: Between a focbox unity, and mboards 12s4p pack, my board shuts off at 55% every time the battery gets that low, and wonā€™t turn on again until it is charging. Do yaā€™ll think itā€™s the battery or the esc? and do you see any solutions other than to start replacing things?

2 Likes

check the cells.

Do you own a multimeter?

Also this thread is for you

Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

1 Like

Check your battery voltage cutoff settings in the vesc tool, but MBoards makes shit batteries so could be that, also do what @Fosterqc said and use noob question thread, itā€™s not for noobs just general questions and that way more people can help you

1 Like

It was doing great until a week ago, I donā€™t think itā€™s the settingsā€¦ I may have overheated the esc on my last ride; I suppose that could cause lasting damage :neutral_face:

Trust me, its this battery pack problem. Throw it away and get a well made pack from one of our great vendors.

Tips: add ur location (or country if u donā€™t want to be too specific) in ur profile, so people can help u out even faster

1 Like

I would definitely check your cut off settings in the vesc tool or on your phone. Screenshot your settings.

1 Like

Hi, Im new but cant find a really powerful shortboard that is to my likeing, i know that going over a certain speed could hurt me but I kinda want toā€¦ Iā€™m thinking of using the backfire mini with its front wheels also motors but can be disconnected to be a standard skateboardā€¦is it possible? Regards Lucas

2 Likes

If Iā€™m understanding you correctly, you could do a Backfire AWD, but it will be fixed top speed, wonā€™t freeroll like a regular board, and with all the changes youā€™d have to make, you might as well build one from scratch.

If you share your budget and parameters (desired deck length, range, etcā€¦), the good dudes here will help you build a killer short board.

Oh, and welcome!

3 Likes

i see short board, i summon @b264

2 Likes

After I have built my first electric skateboard, I find it easier to build another or modify my existing setup. This opens a whole new world of enhanced accessories for me and no doubt that Iā€™ll want to make more for my family and friends or even make money out of my skills and talents. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For me Iā€™ve been making skateboard decks for a long time. I always had a dream to build my very own electric skateboard, so thought to myself ā€œwhy not make a deck for it, but just add the electronicsā€ let me say I never learned soldering in my life. Had no clue how all that shit worked, but I wanted to. In the past I always said I wanted to build an electric skateboard, never happened. But now it is. Iā€™ve researched and researched plus getting the help by people on forums, explaining or giving soldering tips cuz I was complete ass, I gotten the mechanics of soldering down, and know a lot more about electronics, today was the first time I actually started soldering the parts together, did a good job and was left accomplished at the end of the day. So what can I say, is it hard? If you donā€™t spend the time and effort to learn, learn, learn and ask for help, itā€™ll be definitely hard to do. But if your slow and steady, youā€™ll come out successful. All tho my build isnā€™t completed yet, it looks everything is on the right track and things that looked hard, seem a lot more easy and doable. I encourage anyone that wants to build their own to go for it, if you got a budget like I do. Search around, ask whatā€™s the best for you. Quality parts = long lasting and not replacing something every week cuz itā€™s shit, other then that. Enjoy it and learn something new :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Thanks for the info

1 Like

you are passionate about building skateboards, keep going, you will get better and better

2 Likes

I appreciate it. My first ever electric skateboard build is about done. Learned a lot, for sure will make it better over time but Iā€™m just excited to ride it, which I think Iā€™ll be able to early next week

Super excited for you! Canā€™t wait to hear what you think!

2 Likes