Is DIY right for you?

Starting my first build. I am absolutely amazed at the wealth of knowledge (and B.S. - the good kind) on this forum. So far 100% of my questions have been answered both here and over at builders. Great community and just enough crapola to keep it interesting. For those frequent posters - you’ve help me greatly, even if you don’t know it. Thank you.

13 Likes

Welcome man!

4 Likes

And THIS is how you introduce yourself to a community. Welcome, and great to see you here. I’ll bump you a level so you don’t have any message limits.

7 Likes

Welcome brother to the Hotel California. You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.

Good to have you here.

6 Likes

Welcome do you want to be my friend?

2 Likes

Hi! Apologies for not introducing myself formally earlier. I’m just a very shy bloke, who watches from afar, has no experience in any of this stuff, may never come to build (from scratch - but who knows?), and I think I am definitely a rider rather than a builder, though always interested in tinkering and mods.

Cooped up in an “apartment” which has almost no room for DIYing stuff anyway and with at least 12 living creatures (excluding the lizards and roaches) living in the same cramped space - cruising on 4 wheels in general gets me away from the daily zoo and grind.

Living in a city where average vehicles on average begin at a cool USD$100k, I think the next best mid-life crisis option is to is get a Ferrari equivalent of an E-board, and appropriate necessary customization and upgrades that go along with every car mod scene in the normal world.

I am so humbled to have found this incredible community that has had me cracking up with all the insane banter, and poisoning my eyes and my wallet with all the juicy goods. Thank you all for providing an addictive and constant source of entertainment and wanting, I keep goofing off at work by checking on the latest posts!

And a jolly welcome to Cghelobubba as well!

13 Likes

Diy good for ice bear.

5 Likes

Ice bear will take care of it

5 Likes

does anyone have an old version of the vesc tool that supports the 3.56 firmware version?

2 Likes

Corrected for you.

2 Likes

I am also gona sit down and give it another scrub and add to it.

2 Likes

That’s cool and all, but you joined 5 hours ago and have 6 minutes of read time.

I would much rather it be added to by more seasoned members of the community.

4 Likes

Cut up your evolve deck and also get nuts.

6 Likes

What’s it take to get these builders links removed?

This thread is hecka useful but those links get broken when the bills don’t get paid over there.

5 Likes

seriously, are you a pro

4 Likes

If you are talking to me, I have shifted into a role that is undeniably a bit more than “hobbyist”

But not when I wrote this.

9 Likes

Hi Mike and welcome! I bumped your account so you can message and post freely.

Yes, Sender is a pro at building, but even more so at creating amazing decks. His sales thread here turned into a gallery:

6 Likes

This guy could win builder of the year every year :joy:

6 Likes

Why does china gotta be so far from the rest of the world

3 Likes

Ok y’all, this is my first DIY (built with the help of some friends) and I’m a complete newb at this. And to be honest, this shit is hard af!

-cheap Chinese spring trucks and motor mounts from Allie express
-metroboard 190mm wheels
-MBS pro 97 deck
-hs11 enclosure from eboardsperu which is now the “universal e-MTB” enclosure after i told him that it fits an MBS deck
-6375 brushless outrunner motors
-@m.hboards 12s4p 30q batteries built into the enclosure.
-flipsky dual vesc6 mini (initially used 2 maytech superfoc 6.8 50a, but those burnt out as soon as i turned on the board)

Really the purpose of this board was to teach beginner, so its not really suppose to be a high performance board. But I’m still having issues. I think the vesc is over heating bc the space inside the enclosure is too tight for the vesc. So it would throttle down the speed at 2.75 miles and the top speed for this with me on it is 22mph. I didnt put any if the components on top deck bc i wanted a sleek looking board. Now the motors get warm but not nuclear hot. Still trying to figure out the solutions but to be honest this will probably be my first and only diy. But on the brightside, i learned a lot.

7 Likes