Is DIY right for you?

You gonna actually participate in this forum or just keep dropping your youtube channel promos?

Is DIY esk8 right for you?

8 Likes

Thanks you for just a great info

1 Like

it is useful for me.

2 Likes

Damn didnt realize someone replied! We adjusted the settings and now shes running well! Thanks for replying! Never knew how technical this stuff is!

1 Like

noob question: Between a focbox unity, and mboards 12s4p pack, my board shuts off at 55% every time the battery gets that low, and won’t turn on again until it is charging. Do ya’ll think it’s the battery or the esc? and do you see any solutions other than to start replacing things?

2 Likes

check the cells.

Do you own a multimeter?

Also this thread is for you

Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

1 Like

Check your battery voltage cutoff settings in the vesc tool, but MBoards makes shit batteries so could be that, also do what @Fosterqc said and use noob question thread, it’s not for noobs just general questions and that way more people can help you

1 Like

It was doing great until a week ago, I don’t think it’s the settings… I may have overheated the esc on my last ride; I suppose that could cause lasting damage :neutral_face:

Trust me, its this battery pack problem. Throw it away and get a well made pack from one of our great vendors.

Tips: add ur location (or country if u don’t want to be too specific) in ur profile, so people can help u out even faster

1 Like

I would definitely check your cut off settings in the vesc tool or on your phone. Screenshot your settings.

1 Like

Hi, Im new but cant find a really powerful shortboard that is to my likeing, i know that going over a certain speed could hurt me but I kinda want to… I’m thinking of using the backfire mini with its front wheels also motors but can be disconnected to be a standard skateboard…is it possible? Regards Lucas

2 Likes

If I’m understanding you correctly, you could do a Backfire AWD, but it will be fixed top speed, won’t freeroll like a regular board, and with all the changes you’d have to make, you might as well build one from scratch.

If you share your budget and parameters (desired deck length, range, etc…), the good dudes here will help you build a killer short board.

Oh, and welcome!

3 Likes

i see short board, i summon @b264

2 Likes

After I have built my first electric skateboard, I find it easier to build another or modify my existing setup. This opens a whole new world of enhanced accessories for me and no doubt that I’ll want to make more for my family and friends or even make money out of my skills and talents. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For me I’ve been making skateboard decks for a long time. I always had a dream to build my very own electric skateboard, so thought to myself “why not make a deck for it, but just add the electronics” let me say I never learned soldering in my life. Had no clue how all that shit worked, but I wanted to. In the past I always said I wanted to build an electric skateboard, never happened. But now it is. I’ve researched and researched plus getting the help by people on forums, explaining or giving soldering tips cuz I was complete ass, I gotten the mechanics of soldering down, and know a lot more about electronics, today was the first time I actually started soldering the parts together, did a good job and was left accomplished at the end of the day. So what can I say, is it hard? If you don’t spend the time and effort to learn, learn, learn and ask for help, it’ll be definitely hard to do. But if your slow and steady, you’ll come out successful. All tho my build isn’t completed yet, it looks everything is on the right track and things that looked hard, seem a lot more easy and doable. I encourage anyone that wants to build their own to go for it, if you got a budget like I do. Search around, ask what’s the best for you. Quality parts = long lasting and not replacing something every week cuz it’s shit, other then that. Enjoy it and learn something new :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Thanks for the info

1 Like

you are passionate about building skateboards, keep going, you will get better and better

2 Likes

I appreciate it. My first ever electric skateboard build is about done. Learned a lot, for sure will make it better over time but I’m just excited to ride it, which I think I’ll be able to early next week

Super excited for you! Can’t wait to hear what you think!

2 Likes

I hope you can let me witness your results, thank you

1 Like