Introducing the BKB Xenith

Got a red envelope for that. Promoting counterfeit products is not on apparently.

Good to know.

3 Likes

Learned that the hard way

2 Likes

Going for the ban.
Jared keep up the good work brother. One thing we can all agree on is the support will be actually there.

Good on you.

7 Likes

i have a duo and a few questions on how this could benefit my board, so if my fesc were to fail i could buy one of these and it would be close to as simple as just putting in another fesc? i would have to buy a new enclosure since i have the hole for the heat sink cut correct? there would be no performance diffrence besides the possible reliability difference correct?

4 Likes

Isnā€™t there a way to launder it through the matress store?

4 Likes

Daren youā€™re really taking the piss now :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Spotted that did you? Fuck him. Heā€™s a wanker.

2 Likes

Yeah I just realized this too, MakerX has treated me well for the most part but the the Xenith has some extra polish

3 Likes

As someone who has almost 0 infos about a unity, am i correct with the info that this dual controller only has 1 uart port + that itā€™s internally connected via CAN, meaning that i would connect the Metr CAN as if it was a single esc?

2 Likes

The unity uses a single MCU, so there is no internal CAN running between ā€œ2 sidesā€. There is a Unity specific Metr module you can use to replace the default bluetooth one, but Metr Can should also work

2 Likes

11 Likes

i need built in eswitches. Iā€™ve been wasting all of mine on fixing West Coast Standard builds.

9 Likes

If you send Jared an email through their customer support, you can easily buy another enclosure for like $40ish.
Iā€™ve had issues with a few of BKBs previous products, but one thing I can admit is their customer service is easily the best there is.
If I were you, and as a previous owner of several dual FSESCs and a duo and taytos, I would make the change over to the Xenith soon

2 Likes

Iā€™m heavily ā€œinvestedā€ in the regular metrs so getting a unity one wouldnā€™t make sense for me.

I assume i would use the metr can like this

and then use my remote via UART/pwm

@BillGordon Y u no use adblocker?

2 Likes

Are there any hardware changes on the Xenith compared to the Unity?

The Unity antisparks are notorious for going kaput after a couple months.

1 Like

This really is the crux of it for a lot of people.

If your controller doesnā€™t have a built in switch Iā€™m not interested.

6 Likes

yeah i was actually recently wondering how hard it would be to put a completely different enclosure on the duo and put another 10s3p in there in parallel i think that the next time i have an issue with my current esc i should get a Xenith

2 Likes

Yup.

1 Like

3 Likes

New pack in parallel with how old of a pack?