Introducing the BKB Xenith

what is “app settings” → “general” → “App to use” set to?

I’m going to guess it’s set to UART. and not PPM and UART. or PPM. and this is where the user error lies. it would explain the symptoms you posted.

if you are connected via BLE over UART, definitely set it to PPM and UART or you will drop your connection.

FWIW, most of this should be cleared out of @BuildKitBoards’s thread. it’s likely config issue confusion and nothing to do with Xenith.

1 Like

One could argue it’s not offtopic as the Unity and Xenith are really the same hardware with some extremely minor differences.

2 Likes

I was thinking vesc_tool confusion isn’t really about the untiy or the xentith. but. i mean there is some connection or it wouldn’t be here.

1 Like

1 Like

yep that’s it for sure

1 Like

If you are using latest VESC Tool, it should be fine, no need to jump multiple firmwares

5 Likes

Just like the old unity thread :heart:

“the unity threw me at full speed! Wahhh. Oops my motor cable came undone nvm”

5 Likes

U can go on the vesc tool and pair ur vesc with the tool itself so itll auto connect over bluetooth without goin through the selection hassle no need for a metr if u dont want one

Another thing, is this whole duty issue with the xenith on 5.1 is just exclusive to the 5.1 firmware cause i updated both my xeniths to 5.2 but havent ridden them yet since im still building the board but does the issue transfer over or nah?

Do NOT do this unless you write down or save your ESC’s UUID. You’ll need that, like a password, if you ever try to connect from a different computer or phone. Otherwise, you’ll be locked out unless you run a wire to a USB port.

2 Likes

a uuid i dont need that or even heard about that til now

If you pair it, you can’t access it wirelessly from any other device without the UUID. (But you can wired)

If esk8 hacking was to become a thing, this would be an important safeguard. As-of now, I haven’t heard of it ever being a problem.

Getting locked out could be a real problem if you change phones or whatnot.

2 Likes

this will become common im sure especially once the thief knows how much value we are putting into our zoom zoom

i see

1 Like

is the board conformal coated already?

Caps definitely are, not sure about the rest of the PCB though

Yes, the PCB is conformal coated

11 Likes

I really don’t think esk8 will ever be a prime target for thieves, between the absolute niche market we reside in where resale is either fantastic or worse than nothing and the sheer scale of community makes it pretty difficult to show up to a group ride, steal a board, sell board on Craigslist etc. If I was going to steal shit, not that I would, I would steal 100 different things before I considered stealing a board.

6 Likes

What’s the max output current for the 5v pins? I’m trying to power some LEDs

true but if a guy sees you plodding along on a board he assumes eboard = boosted = 1k so he will just nick it

1 Like