VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future

Thats what I get trying to update on the latest vesc tool:

Then it sits at “Erasing buffer 0%” and then times out.

1 Like

I bet implementing the usb to program would solve most of the problems with updates…

6 Likes

In my case no doubt.

Flipsky 6.6 no swd port.
Old Vesc with ack no FW update possible.

2 Likes

@Trampa

1 Like

Which 6.6 you have that there us no swd port?
Usually it’s just not populated but that’s an easy fix. Just buy a jst header for 5cent and plug it in.

3 Likes

I recently encountered the same problem. The reason is that a recent version of VESC Tool added firmware compression, new update mechanism.

VESC Tool thinks that Ackmaniac supports firmware compression (since firmware version is higher). But it does not.

Do the following:

1. Get correct firmware bin file from https://github.com/vedderb/vesc_tool/tree/master/res/firmwares (matching your hardware)
  2. Use Ackmaniac ESC Tool to flash this bin file
  3. Afterwards you will be able to use VESC Tool
10 Likes

Its the small 6.6 dual plus with no swd headers. :frowning:

@rpasichnyk thank you! Will try asap.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk Roman that worked perfectly fine! Thanks again!

But the issues didn’t stop there. @Trampa I did firmware updates on both the BLE module and the Wand - no issues there, all good. But when I tried to pair the two nothing happened. No message either way just nothing.

Now after the pairing attempt my Wand is behaving strange - It takes several seconds to turn on and is not showing a startup logo anymore.

So far it is not the experience I hoped for with the Wand. :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Did you remove the batteries after you updated it?

1 Like

Yes I did everything mentioned in the tutorial. I guess if I reflash the firmware it will be ok but the pairing via wizard does not work.

It looked fine after the update, logo everthing but after I tried to pair it it started acting up. Latest firmwares from vesc tool 2.0 on wand, ble and vesc.

Opening enclosures, opening the Wand, way too short cables and last but not least non working - I am sorry but its just cumbersome.

1 Like

Try a lower fw version just to rule out the update?

1 Like

Gave up for tonight (1:30am over here) but will try again.

1 Like

Let’s swap the Wand. I’ll sort that out today.

5 Likes

@trampa do you by any chance have a used or slightly defective (like case damaged) wand that you could sell for slightly cheaper :pleading_face:

1 Like

Where is the flashlight addon?

1 Like

Sorry, we don’t have any used stock that we can discount.

2 Likes

So how about that usb update @Trampa?

3 Likes

I just updated the Wand to avoid the starting delay due to the animation.
Now I’m having an issue.

When I wake the remote up, the motors start to make a little noise like if I were pushing gently the throttle. If I touch the throttle, it stops.
Also, the neutral position is now way more shifted than before.
Almost no deadband for accelerating, and a huge one from breaking. Little bit scary.

Check the behaviour in this video (FW 1.2, read on the 3rd tab)
Note : brake light deadband is 10.0%.
So it lights up when relative throttle reached -10% from master VESC.

I couldn’t check the code of this version since Vedder didn’t updated it on Github (latest is v1.0).

@Trampa any other feedbacks about that ?
I made a request about being able to tweak the neutral position but no feedback on that.
Is it in the TODO ?

EDIT : I plotted this on VESC Tool. This time was scary the board started to roll with some torque !! :fearful:
I lifted the rear truck up, one motor went crazy in the ERPM in one way, the other in the opposite direction…

2 Likes

Duuuuuuuuuude does this thing have a disposable battery??

1 Like