Introduce Yourself and Share Your Plans (SERIOUS)

hi i am new to this forum but have been innovating for a long time. we have some new and exciting things to share about electric skateboard building coming in the future and hope to share soon.

i have been reading the forum a long time but only created this account recently. the first topic i entered looks like you also have some changes coming up.

we will take the advice of @Flasher and read more before asking questions so do not cause problems for your forum.

electricskateboardbuilder

2 Likes

Lol welcome mate, make sure you do some reading for sure.

Take a look through the pictures thread, the noob questions thread, and probably the battery thread to see a lot of the core work that we do here so you can get a feeling for what you’re dealing with

Lots of hardcore and very experienced builders inhabit this place, be prepared to be put through the ringer if you try to spin a product without research :wink:

But for real welcome though, always good to see the community grow

4 Likes

Hey all, Czar1249. College student in Mech. Engineering! I’ve been wanting to build my own board for a while. I’d like to do a 12s 4-8p (huge diff ik) build with AT wheels. Just need to figure out which ESC i want and what deck. From there, it’s gonna depend on what my enclosure can hold. I really like the form factor of Lacroix boards and I’m leaning towards the Bustin Sportster, but I need an enclosure that can handle what I want to do.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m interested in FOC and brushless motors. I have a few VESC and following the FOCer development.

3 Likes

Hi there

Everyone knows me as kuso, a car-mechanik living in switzerland. Been skating in my younger years and got addicted in Esk8 a few years ago. So i bought an old GTX AT from a guy in Germany.
After 3-4 months i get in touch with the enormus Batterie sag, i switched to street setup (geared 15/36T) and squeezz’d the last bit out of the batterie.

So… living in Switzerland where everything is illegal, i get in touch with real Emtb’s to avoid driving on the street all the time and get hopefully more fun than with my AT setup.
Buy one RTR wasn’t really a option for me (talking about individual needs). After watching tons of Videos from @Lee_Wright, @NoWind, @rich and others i’ve digging me deeper in the DIY scene.
So i started last year building my RIG (posted in pictures and nothing else) looking forward to make it perfect for my abuse :triumph:

soldering mess

i’ve gone trough loss of flipsky stuff, broken DKP on the gtx(near death experience), etc. etc.

I’m reading on this Forum since 3 Months. Now finally signed in, not only to enjoy this great community, also to provide and recieve good tips and tricks.

Cheers :call_me_hand:t5:

9 Likes

Hey Kuso, you gonna have much more fun with E-MTB compared to AT :sunglasses:
Thought about a build thread?

2 years ago I rode with my E-MTB on the street and was crossing borders twice from switzerland to germany and back on a different border. On the first border the swiss officers just looked but nothing else happened :laughing:.

3 Likes

Hi, rich
Now i know! i love it to blast through the woods :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m collecting a few photos and start one. :wink:

You lucky one, people here are very very tolerant ecept for the police, a friend of me was hunted by a few cops a while ago (no joke! they took him down, pointed with a gun on him, got him cuffed and arrested) :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I‘m Patrick from germany, so far l’ve been riding a Meepo V2P but I’m planning on a kind of diy project.
As soon as all the parts I‘ve ordered are released from the cold, dead claws of UPS and or customs I‘ll be starting to build a MTB/AT Board.
Big thanks already to this community, this forum is actually very helpful for a change.

8 Likes

Happy to have you here :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Hi everyone, Colin here.

Recent-ish aerospace engineering grad in the US. I come from mountain biking, inline skating, and DIY RC/FPV airplanes and race quads. I’ve been lurking here for a few months and feel lucky to have such a knowledgeable and safety conscious bunch of reprobates to draw from.

I have all my parts ordered and am currently building my deck. Due to my history of repetitive motion injury I cant use remotes, so I’m attempting to make the board weight shift controlled (as in lean forward to go forward). I think I have a good solution for it, and once I get results I’ll post details about the control system. If the control system works, I’ll finish the build and post about it. If it doesn’t work, I’ll sell everything lol.

Glad to be on board. <rimshot.mp4>

9 Likes

Hey all, I’m Felix from Germany.

I haven been riding a Onewheel XR for about two years now and I have modded it and tikered with it to quite some extent.
I like modding and building although I am not that good at it and my patience sometimes leaves a bit to be desired.

So apart from my Onewheel, which I use for trails and a bit of tricks I bought a Lacroix Nazaré which I use for faster carving and because it really packs a punch for the hills which surround the place I live in.

I may at some point build my own electric cruiser based on my Rocket Scout (here still pictured with the big risers and large wheels).
I haven been reading quite a lot about DIY but my biggest concern at this point is money, we are in the process of renovating our old house which we inherited, also there’s not much time atm as well.

So I’ll be riding my two electrics and my two pushers and we will keep fighting to get all of them legalised!

15 Likes

Hi, I’m Justin from FL. I am new to esk8 and am building an EMTB to ride around on my farm and woods. This site has been a great help!

I am currently amassing parts, and will post a build thread once they all arrive.

12 Likes

Hell yeah man. This is the dream. If you happen to also have a cattle dog, you’ve immediately made top 10 on my list of cool dudes.

6 Likes

I have a Great Pyrenees and a few horses, no cattle though. Thanks for the welcome!

4 Likes

Justin :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Isn’t he lovely?

2 Likes

yeah, he is a really nice guy I would say from over here :grin:
Some kind of super dad :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’ll be all of your dads :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m AK from Rhode Island. I’ve been building boards for 2 years now ever since I bought a wowgo 2s. Currently I have 3 projects.

1. A10s5p p42a wooden deck on 120mm cloud wheels
  2. A 10s10p p42a diy Trampa with 63100s
  3. An absolute monster as a surprise for everyone.

Always building boards for friends and usually lurking in the forum daily. Started a small esk8 following here in my hometown ever since some friends heard of the first build. Looking forward to more builds and interested friends.

7 Likes