Introduce Yourself and Share Your Plans (SERIOUS)

Ok, I will move over to the noob thread and btw thank you so much for your help. Should I send those people a message, the ones that u mentioned?

1 Like

Ic, how are they, I heard they are amazing. I won’t be sliding all day, maybe just once in a while for breaking, do you think the blue cagu can hold up for that amount of abuse? Thanks

my front blue cagu chunked a bit, but that’s just because i have shit road here in Hong Kong, and i do mean shit road, so YMMV, but overall they are nice to ride on, just waiting for my TB110 to arrive and change my mind lol

3 Likes

You might as well try, you could check their profiles for useful stuff too

1 Like

Wait ur from HK? ayyyyy.

yes lol how can i help

I was born in HK, came to Canada when I was 10ish. I never knew skating is allowed there. At least I don’t see any skaters when I come back for vacation lmao. I guess its just not popular.

1 Like

I am just sayin, the roads round my neighbourhood ain’t that good either, I chipped my tooth when I was cruising on my regular skateboard last month.

skating is allow, just not popular and people thinks u r weird if u do it on the streets, and there isn’t many skate parks. but when it comes to electric skateboard, that shit is illegal, and u get fine if caught, so…catch me if u can :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

lmaoo, not sure if they are free with the shit going on in HK recently. So I am pretty sure ur safe. But yeah ,don’t want to dive deep into politics here, shits not for me xd.

1 Like

Hi Brian. You’re already getting great feedback/ideas, so I’ll just say welcome!

3 Likes

Hey man welcome. Heads up, if you’re on Facebook there’s a group for Toronto esk8ers( Toronto E-Riders). They organize grouprides quite frequently. As for legality, it’s in the works (gov says before 2023) but for now, it’s a matter of:
Respecting all, smiling to passing cops, not getting caught speeding wrecklessly, and, most importantly, WEAR PROTECTION!!! cops are less annoying if they feel you’re thinking of safety :grin:

1 Like

Hi All, I’m John in NY. My esk8 is my first build. I’ve been focused on skateboarding since high school - that was in the late 1970’s. Mostly skateboards were new tech at the time and I adopted each improvement one at a time. simple decks and wheels. street boards… trick boards… cruiser boards… long boards… and now e-boards. I’m on a 40.5" deck with MBoards direct drives, a 10S3P, a hobbywing dual ESC, and double KP trucks. I’m a street cruiser, I love to carve when I ride, not that interested in speed.

The board is a homebrew:

image image image

image image image

image image

I just recently dropped the Caguama’s for the TB 110s for a smoother ride and more ground clearance. I haven’t tried dropping these truck through the deck yet for clearance. The holes I made were originally for one caliber 44 and one caliber 50.

Happy skating…

14 Likes

Good to have you here, John. I run my eLofty DDs with a Hobbywing during the rainy season and it’s a nice combo.

I believe your MBoards battery is made with 30Q cells, so you can pull a nice performance bump later with a (V)ESC upgrade if you desire it.

2 Likes

Ah great! Thanks for the info @BillGordon

1 Like

Hi, my name is Johann, and while I don’t profess to be addicted to anything, I do like esk8 very much.

My esk8s has taken me on many “adventures” to work and back, plus around the town I live in, plus to the hospital twice for completely unrelated reasons.

It started with this bog-standard used Evolve BGT.

Which then got sold to build this RC controlled, LiPo powered monstrosity. My first DIY named TIE Fighter.

Which then got transfigurated into my current Stormy controlled, LiFePO4 powered backpack carver named Morpheus.

Now I have another esk8 (my first “backup” board) that landed a week ago, a fairly standard 4.12 controlled, Li-Ion powered Hummie, that remains nameless until I’ve decided what to do with it.

I’ve now been told that I can ride for pleasure, but not for commuting, because somehow that’s more dangerous. So we’ll see where my esk8ing takes me next.

One thing’s for sure though, I’m done with backpacks for now, too much extra injury risk.

My plans are to continue learning by building, and maybe design, manufacture and sell some esk8 products that’s in my head rn.

12 Likes

Feeling in a rush to get somewhere is definitely more dangerous in my experience. Skate at whatever speed you feel comfortable at, because being a minute late isn’t worth an asphalt snack.

3 Likes

I guess I might’ve been more aware of how my board was reacting if I wasn’t as focussed on going fast.

I get that mixing it with cars is inherently more dangerous, but it’s also less of a pain in the ass to go somewhere if you don’t have to footpath it half the time.

That said, streetfacing has had me off the board for two months and counting, so there’s a definite counter argument.

3 Likes

Oh Yeah, Johann!
You are addicted to Eskate DIY with a unique set of skills :+1:
I am so curious about your improvements and/or changes on your new challenger.

This and you have to carry them damn batteries all the time.
Morpheus would be more than awesome in my eyes with some kind of flexi kaly enclosure underneath. :heart: :heart: :heart:
But ideas, ideas,there are so many of them cute ideas :smiley:
Was a pleasure to read the shortcut of your journey through Eskate.
Take care and stay save my friend.
Billion grEATz to down under.
peace

2 Likes

Thanks mate, much appreciated. I’ve been re-evaluating some of my design priorities since the fall. That’s the worst that’s come of it.

3 Likes