Introduce Yourself and Share Your Plans (SERIOUS)

I never did this. Sup. I’m kai. I plan to move off planet, and get the hell away from all these damn humans. But that’s later. For now I just wanna build boards and hopefully someday they’ll let me quit my job.
I got my first electric board in January, a boosted mini, when I laughed at a guy wearing a motorcycle helmet on his longboard and he passed my car and I learned that esk8 existed. I ran out of upgrades and mods I could do to it in let’s say March. Now I’ve got 2 builds damn near finished, and everyone I know is constantly asking me to build boards for them, but I’m gonna take a lesson from damon on that… I ain’t building them fuckin shit! Instead I’m just gonna build out 6 mechanically identical boards by the end of this year, shipping times allowing, and whoever wants one can buy one. I wish you all luck on your own plans.

3 Likes

I’m also in Florida, Palm Beach specifically, let’s ride some day!

2 Likes

I didn’t spot this thread until now…

I’m Matt from Auckland, NZ. Finished my first diy about a month ago, started out on a black hawk electric, quickly needed some more power so discovered it was cheaper to buy from China so got a Wowgo 3. I stumbled across some Patriot vids from Skatemetric & spent the last 6 months buying parts, worked out simpler thanks to the Flipsky off-road kit with 6374s.

I’m probably going to spend the next year, modding it and slowly replacing the cheap parts as I outgrow them or they get iffy.

Best decision - going for 8inch pneumatics

Regrets - not planning and measuring out before drilling holes in my deck and enclosure (they’ll be the first things to replace) and also buying a 100w single balance charger for my two 10ah lipos :sleeping:

7 Likes

Hi, I’m a long time lurker first time poster. I built my first board in 2018, while working on a mobility startup in California. I’m a mech engineer but grew up in the electrical business and restoring classic cars and farm machinery. I’m extremely novice at skateboards, but big into biking of all types.

I’ll post my build shortly, but in brief it is a Loaded Vanguard, Focbox Unity, 12s4p Samsung 30Qs, Flipsky VX1, Abec 107mm, a complete belt drivetrain from Janux with two 190kV 6374s, and some small 3D print parts.
Bought and built almost all components in the US and in some excellent makerspaces for 3D printing, lasercutting, electronics, woodworking etc. Finished the board back in Barcelona where I live now, and had the battery built in Belgium before completing the build last year. It is massive in terms of size, weight, speed and power. :sweat_smile:

Currently having some scary trouble with ghost acceleration signals between the Focbox Unity and Flipsky VX1 remote, so I may reach out for help on that in upcoming posts.
Have learned and troubleshooted a lot on this forum and some other good resources. Thanks!

9 Likes

Hello everyone. I’m new here. I want to customize design my board, but I didn’t choose any reference yet. I will read the forum, communicate with people in order to choose a cool design!

9 Likes

i have yet to introduce myself whoops lol

hewwo! i’m poast :blush:

and i plan to graduate, get a good job, invest well,
maybe get a girl, marry, settle down-

no wait wrong plans

i want build moar boards of all kinds, one for every situation, like jackets

9 Likes

“For every board a purpose, for every purpose a board,” right?

Oh, and this is Poasty’s themesong: YouTube Music

1 Like

@Geo_Engineering_FTW

You have a profile competitor

3 Likes

hahahaha, probably time to change my profile pic anyway

though i might leave it for pure anarchy’s sake

2 Likes

Ngl the other person added theirs while they and I were in the middle of a conversation and I got so confused thinking it was you

3 Likes

fuccy wuccy uwu

3 Likes

:man_shrugging: and 🤷

2 Likes

I helped a cute clown girl at some kids party i was working get into her cookie monster costume once, and she pushed me up against the wall and kissed me, and i was like “not my kinks but thanks?”
Furrys are generally cool peeps. Harmless weirdos.
Poasty’s an actual cat tho.

2 Likes

Hi. My name’s Gage and I’m new to the eskate world, but already hooked. In a couple months time I’ve already put over 150 miles on my board. I went with a gyroor r1 for my intro board. As I’m pretty much new to skateboarding in general, I didn’t want to invest as much initially but I still wanted an adequate ride so it felt right. Hoping to build my next board. In the meantime, anyone with some tips on how to improve on a dual hub motor board that already has 120mm cloud wheels, an iwonder headlight and a beacon mount taillight (seem to more or less be the same light with different mounts), and waterborne surf and rail adapters, I’d LOVE some new ideas!

5 Likes

Another Eric here. Long time snowboarder, surfer, and skated way way back. Been lurking, reading, printing, spending too much money and building…

Got 2 MBS colt 90s with ATS.12 trucks for summer riding. Got speed wobbles down hill on a road, bailed, rolled my ankle, tucked and slid on my back. Other than my ankle only my shirt graphic was damaged not a bruise or scratch otherwise. Foolishly perhaps I thereafter decided on a whim I wanted to electrify them. Jumped on the internet and found this place.
The boards are the constellation graphic and all my printed parts are clear petg and tpu (comes out a translucent white) I’m building these for the spouse and I. They’ve now got @josdevos’ motor mounts modified for wires of TB 6374 190v to fit, stormcore60d+ mounted on an aluminum plate rased off the deck on m4 all thread and nuts with custom gasketed cases and lid sammiching that all together. The power button and antenna are mounted in the lid. Also picked up trampa wands and nrf dongles w said antenna. 14t motor gears with 72t on the 8" tire board
and 80t on the 9" tired board.
They’ll both be getting 12s6p molicel p42a top mount battery packs (which I am not building due to tools time and desire) with esc on charge only.

Still need to:
Figure out/decide how to mount the batterys (dont want to drill anymore holes in the deck) thinking the velcro/straps method…

Modify and print some foot pads I found on here with wire channels (whoever you are with the dragon board, i cant remember, credit is yours for designing those) I plant to half them with a interlock lip so they fit my printer.

Put anti-puncture tape in my tires and order slime to put in my tubes.

Get smarter on vesc settings because I DO NOT want to smoke my stormcores…recommendations welcome.
I do have access to lacroix’s app via appledevoce but I’m still hazy on what the best route to get everything I have interconnected and set up.

5 Likes

Figured photos I think?

5 Likes

Just be careful on those trucks man. I built my first real board on the same deck and trucks and had a really nasty spill when the front truck snapped underneath me (near the pivot cup).

Maybe it was a manufacturing defect, maybe not. I was riding that board for a month and loving every bit of it up until that point… I’d hate for you or the spouse to suffer the same fate.

Welcome to the fold!

2 Likes

Yeah, there will be some upgrades in the future. I read a few comments from multiple people bending them and some of your comments mentioning that incident, did you jump on the board, hop curbs or anything that may have contributed? or was it just a failure from cruising? I ask because if it’s the latter, that feels more imminently concerning to me and may make me advande my timelines for safetys sake.

1 Like

Don’t you mean welcome to the bottomless money pit

3 Likes

+1 more to all my other hobbies lol

1 Like