Introduce Yourself and Share Your Plans (SERIOUS)

Awesome!

2 Likes

Whats up man! Glad to be here!

1 Like

Awesome! Any names off the top of your head in SD. I met Dr Mike a couple days ago, good peeps.

1 Like

Fellow San Diegan here - where did you ride to get 3000 ft of gain / loss? Lol I live right next to poway and we have a lot of hills but not THAT much

2 Likes

Whats up man! I hit the hill going into PB from Kearny Mesa (You have to wait for traffic to hault at a light, then bomb it!)then hit another hill over near the stadium going into Kearny Mesa. What are you riding? Lets cruise out sometime

2 Likes

Dang that’s crazy lol the highest speed I’ve hit is 36 - don’t usually ride insanely fast. I have three boards but my best one is my main one. Still doesn’t have a build thread here bc it originated on the old forum.

My favorite ride spot so far is La Jolla! You can ride La Jolla Blvd and Coast Hwy all the way to PB

2 Likes

Awesome, PM me. We do not have to do 40 LOL. Enjoy the view! I don’t think I have done that route yet. I’d like to try.

2 Likes

Aww shit, just saw this thread, despite having been here for some time now. Screw it, gonna introduce myself regardless!

Hello, you guys can call me Robin.

Nearly done as a nurse, which means i need some sort of transport to get too and from work.
I am living in Denmark, which is fairly bicycle friendly, but some twats keep stealing my bikes, so decided to look for alternatives.

Used the car a lot, my regular longboard and public transport, as distances very a lot, but would prefer something different.

Used to work summers with construction, and my boss’ son had just gotten a cheap china board that i tried. Absolutely loved it!

Decided i wanted my own. So planned for a commuter board, that could haul my big ass around. Spend a helluva long time reading up on stuff, and started shopping… Turns out, i hadn’t read nearly enough.

Started coming here to get inspiration and assistance (To clean up my fuckups), which i have received in abundance!

To all, thanks for a warm welcoming, you guys sure makes one feel at ease here!

5 Likes

I’m honestly pretty new myself so I’m not super sure but I see SD pop up every so often. If you do a forum search you’ll see that there was a meet up last weekend with a few of the SD members.

1 Like

welcome robin

1 Like

All good, dude.
Nice to have you around.
Be aware of beautiful blondes, brunettes and redheads.
The Esk8Matrix has you…
knock,knock,knock Rick.

Hi Robin :smiley:

Ohh snap. Was she a scammer? What was it!? Gammer Girl??

Gamer girls? Yes, I like gamer girls a lot, but
I dont know what you are talking about :innocent: lol
I was just talking about the Matrix in general :innocent:

Long time lurker, first time poster…

My name is Jeremy (or just J)

I have never really been a serious skater, although I had a few boards growing up. My girlfriend and I got into foster care last year and we got a 14 year old who is absolutely obsessed with longboarding.

This led to buying a couple longboards, which led to me realizing that my 35 year old fat-ass self could not keep up with a 14 year old, which led to a lot of you tube videos and a meepo purchase, which led to wanting to upgrade, which of course got me here.

I love to build and tinker- I’ve been building FPV racing drones for the last few years and they use a lot of the same build components and principles.

I can’t thank you guys enough for all the amazing info and tips- but maybe mostly for the community here… I don’t know any of you, but I can’t get enough of reading all the posts and banter, most technical forums are pretty dry in my experience, but this one seems to be full of very friendly assholes who enjoy ribbing each other… It’s great!

As far as my plans go, I ended up building an AT board for myself with dual 6374s, 10s3p battery and non vesc ESCs. So now my foster kid can’t keep up with me on his meepo so I have NO CHOICE but to build another setup. I’m going with 75kv TB direct drives, @skyart is building me a 12s4p battery, vesc based ESCs and I got one of the Psychotiller Evo enclosures for it as well (thanks @370HSSV).

Anyways, I see this thread pop up all the time so I thought I’d share.

Cheers!
J

8 Likes

That’s a frighteningly good assessment. We’re off to a great start.

Nice parts list there. You are well and truly fucked now. The addiction is real.

Welcome, man!

7 Likes

Hey!
I am Máté from Hungary.
I’m an electrical engineer. Or rather I will be soon . :smile: I’m new to the whole esk8 thing but found it realy fun.
Bought my first board 2 weeks ago. Planning to do so since last summer. I got it from a friend, it his old board, a Backfire G2. Good for learning.
And in the mean time I want to convert than build this board into an all terrain one. Firs the trucks and esc. Than if my wallet allows the battery and finally the board itself and the AT wheels.

4 Likes

I dont know where to ask this so I will ask here:
Do you think anyone would be interested in the old parts of the G2?

2 Likes

Not as much here as somewhere like Reddit Marketplace.

3 Likes

Could you link it to me in PM?

2 Likes