Introduce Yourself and Share Your Plans (SERIOUS)

Wonder if Onshape will come to profesional cading workplaces. It’s either f360/SW now right?

Also hi.
Adomas from Lituania.

Am a delivery boi on esk8.
Progress by rules of false economy and thus had a literal shitpile (~11) of commercial eboards. My place kinda reminds a museum. Gave a couple away as gifts as if im daddy Elon.
Could do a thread on them someday but not diy, so would be barelly legal here.

Have the spending habbit for a year now.
Lving in this safe 42kmh max speed bubble for ±10k km.

Now am woke and inspired by this forum and started spending on parts instead of completes.

My diy should come together by the midsummer if battery baking wont get too crispy.

3 Likes

Do it anyway. Many of us started on commercial completes, and many still own them as backup boards.

DIY will steal your soul forever, though.

Welcome, Adomas!

1 Like

I’ve just had a look at Onshape and wow, and the whole CAD in internet browser + mobile? That’s kinda revolutionary.
Classic solidworks.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to request a demo for weeks. I think they’re away from the office for now. Looks really interesting though.

1 Like

Hey Guys! I’m Rick! I teach architecture and design for a living but grew up skate boarding. Started long boarding 17 years ago on a Tan Tian. Got into ESK8 a couple years ago and fell in love! My goal is to build a board that I can grow into not outgrow. So far I’ve hit 45 mph (twice) but I need more! This is probobly slow for some of the guys here LOL. Looking forward to building and connecting!

8 Likes

welcome @RickSlide! where you at? would love to see your route with 3000’ elevation gain

4 Likes

San Diego, CA. We have lots of hills! Lol

7 Likes

Lotsa riders too! Man I miss SD. You’ll meet a few folks from SD area on here. Welcome!

4 Likes

Welcome, Rick!

3 Likes

Say hi Rick. Hi Rick :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Hey, Tony. You came to the right place. Some questions:

Budget?
Desired range?
Desired speed?
Longboard or shortboard?
Urethane wheels or pneumatic?

And welcome!

Not to worry. All of us were at some point, and me more recently than many.

Very doable.

Also very easily achieved.

Do you want longer than your Harvoo or shorter?

Urethane:

Pneumatic:

1 Like

I think your best bet now is to read as much as possible and use the search feature. All the answers to your questions are already here, and when you really can’t find it, ask away. This is the “teach a man to fish” model, and it works great here.

1 Like

Oh so helpful you are @BillGordon lol.

waits for next visit

Everyone loves the Walmart greeter, JOKER.

1 Like

Can I axe you a question?

1 Like

Is this about my nipples again?

2 Likes

The fourth nipple I’m cool with. But what’s with the 5th and 6th nipple?

1 Like

Evolution, like the gills and the vestigial vagina cavity.

2 Likes

That’s some Gamergirl shit right there! Who the fuck are you and where is my Bill!?

2 Likes